Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ?? about drilling deep hole in wood

I have a friend who brought a project by the other day. He has a bunch
( 60 + - ) 1"x1"x8" hardwood blocks that need to have a 3/16" hole
drilled through the center (long ways) . Any ideas on the best,
fastest way to do this? I was thinking of putting them in the 4 jaw &
drill with a normal length drill, then switch to a 12" bit, but I only
have about 3" of travel on the tailstock ram. So, I thought I could
make some makeshift drill bit holder and mount in place of the tool
post and use the carrige to drill the hole. Any ideas would be
helpful, thanks,
Craig