Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
No Name

Default WTB .. lathe stand ..

Some years back, I inherited an old South BEnd Model "A" lathe. I'm
finally getting my shop finished and organized, and would like to mount
this guy on a proper stand/base. Anyone here have one available for
sale, or know where I might find one ?? ?? ??
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:56:54 -0400, "__ Bob __"
wrote:

Some years back, I inherited an old South BEnd Model "A" lathe. I'm
finally getting my shop finished and organized, and would like to mount
this guy on a proper stand/base. Anyone here have one available for
sale, or know where I might find one ?? ?? ??

The factory legs that came with my 1960 model are a pair of cast "A"
shapes fitted under the head stock and tail stock. The top of the "A"
measures 8" front to back and 7 1/2" right to left. There was no
bracing between the two frames before I added a tool board mounted on
angle irons between the two. The original set up man mounted 1/2"
plates on between the top of the "A" and the chip pan, the one under
head stock extends to the rear to support the jack shaft/motor
assembly while the one under the tail stock serves simply as a spacer.
These plates may or may not have been factory supplied. It should be a
rather simple project to weld up a suitable pair of frames from plate
and angle.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

keep searching on ebay

"__ Bob __" wrote in message
Some years back, I inherited an old South BEnd Model "A" lathe. I'm
finally getting my shop finished and organized, and would like to mount
this guy on a proper stand/base. Anyone here have one available for
sale, or know where I might find one ?? ?? ??

New Lathe.... Need stand [email protected] Woodworking 8 November 5th 06 07:02 PM
New Lathe.... Need stand [email protected] Woodturning 13 November 4th 06 04:56 PM
Jet lathe stand Rick Samuel Woodturning 4 October 12th 05 03:26 AM
Lathe Stand George Woodturning 11 March 18th 05 01:09 AM
Additional lathe, lathe stand pics in ABPW John Moorhead Woodworking 0 June 9th 04 02:51 AM