Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need help, Id'ing strange EDM/System 3R item

eBay item 320172913090, the black complicated thing somehow is
attracting some attention, any idea what it might be?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus15946 wrote:
eBay item 320172913090, the black complicated thing somehow is
attracting some attention, any idea what it might be?

Just like he says, electrode holders for an EDM system.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-10-22, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus15946 wrote:
eBay item 320172913090, the black complicated thing somehow is
attracting some attention, any idea what it might be?

Just like he says, electrode holders for an EDM system.

Jon

What about this picture

http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/mis...lders-0499.jpg

That's what I am talking about.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

3R stuff goes nuts on eBay, I've watched.

The pic looks like some sort of special collet holder. The blue line is a
flush line to connect to the sinker EDM supply. The AL plate will bolt on
the head. I see a contact to connect the auxilliary elctric supply. I'd
guess the top on the holder itself has a bolt to tighten a collet.

There's a couple piecs for a wire EDM in the lot I'D LOVE TO HAVE.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-10-22, Karl Townsend wrote:
3R stuff goes nuts on eBay, I've watched.

The pic looks like some sort of special collet holder. The blue line is a
flush line to connect to the sinker EDM supply. The AL plate will bolt on
the head. I see a contact to connect the auxilliary elctric supply. I'd
guess the top on the holder itself has a bolt to tighten a collet.

There's a couple piecs for a wire EDM in the lot I'D LOVE TO HAVE.

What do you need out of that lot Karl?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

What do you need out of that lot Karl?

the piece in the upper left corner of pic 3. And the three parts with slots
in them. I can't be sure of the size on these parts, so i won't be bidding.
Plus, every time I bid on system 3R, it goes nuts. Must be a whole bunch of
people with that as a search favorite.

karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-10-22, Karl Townsend wrote:

What do you need out of that lot Karl?

the piece in the upper left corner of pic 3. And the three parts with slots
in them. I can't be sure of the size on these parts, so i won't be bidding.
Plus, every time I bid on system 3R, it goes nuts. Must be a whole bunch of
people with that as a search favorite.

Karl, the guy who is the high bidder may want me to remove some parts
of the lot so that it fits into a PMFRB. He accidentally revealed that
he was interested in the black thing with a wire. Anyway, if there is
anything left I will give you a holler. I may have several more
slotted L shaped pieces. But not much. All that is pictured, now, will
belong to the high bidder.