Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Who Uses Techniks?

Just had a customer call me up the other day and tell me Techniks could not
sell direct to the public but that they had to order through me... Never
realized that they only sold to OEM and distributor-types...

Personally, I find Techniks to be the best stocked, usually the lowest
priced and absolutely the best customer service company I deal with for lots
of items.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Just had a customer call me up the other day and tell me Techniks could not
sell direct to the public but that they had to order through me... Never
realized that they only sold to OEM and distributor-types...

Personally, I find Techniks to be the best stocked, usually the lowest
priced and absolutely the best customer service company I deal with for lots
of items.

Never heard of them. Is it that they only sell to OEM and distributors,
or that they only sell to businesses? Not really the same thing, and
pretty easy to qualify as a business if that's the issue.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:16:54 -0500, Pete C. wrote:

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Just had a customer call me up the other day and tell me Techniks could not
sell direct to the public but that they had to order through me... Never
realized that they only sold to OEM and distributor-types...

Personally, I find Techniks to be the best stocked, usually the lowest
priced and absolutely the best customer service company I deal with for lots
of items.

Never heard of them. Is it that they only sell to OEM and distributors,
or that they only sell to businesses? Not really the same thing, and
pretty easy to qualify as a business if that's the issue.

They only sell to "qualified customers", which means exactly what they
want it to. Once qualified, they sell direct, no distributors.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote:

Just had a customer call me up the other day and tell me Techniks could not
sell direct to the public but that they had to order through me... Never
realized that they only sold to OEM and distributor-types...

We have a line that is moving to another firm. In the machining process we
use Kurt tombstones with fixturing made by Kurt. Since the other firm now
owns the line, though we are still producing product, they are now
responsible for repair items.

Their purchasing person called up Kurt and wanted some repair pieces for the
custom fixturing. Kurt told them, the order is too small, it isn't worth
the time and effort to set up an account. Kurt is too busy with established
customers.

Now if we order the part, we are going to get it because we are fortune 500
and the corporate entity buys a lot of stuff from Kurt.

Now I wish I'd asked our purchasing person to get a quote on a D675 before I
ebayed for one for my home shop.

Wes