Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT -- the "baiting" program to rack up Iraq body count

Terryc wrote:

not the moderator wrote:
They should have used chocolate bars and canned food. They could have
wasted less time killing Achmed and the other camel ****ers.

I think Achmen and the camel fsckers really would prefer running water
and working sewerage and electricity if you can manage it. Then you
wouldn't have the problem that you have now

We could manage it if their bretheren didn't delight in blowing up
infrastructure. It is far easier to destroy than to create.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
Terryc wrote:

not the moderator wrote:
They should have used chocolate bars and canned food. They could have
wasted less time killing Achmed and the other camel ****ers.

I think Achmen and the camel fsckers really would prefer running water
and working sewerage and electricity if you can manage it. Then you
wouldn't have the problem that you have now

We could manage it if their bretheren didn't delight in blowing up
infrastructure. It is far easier to destroy than to create.

Wes

that and they love killing each other as well.

It possiblty makes sense if they all banded up and only killed the
"invaders" as in Americans and anybody else, but no, they have to kill
each other off.

they're clearly stupid.

Sadly, it seems idiots need a dictator to keep things in check because
they cannot handle themselves.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Cydrome Leader wrote:

Wes wrote:
Terryc wrote:

not the moderator wrote:
They should have used chocolate bars and canned food. They could have
wasted less time killing Achmed and the other camel ****ers.

I think Achmen and the camel fsckers really would prefer running water
and working sewerage and electricity if you can manage it. Then you
wouldn't have the problem that you have now

We could manage it if their bretheren didn't delight in blowing up
infrastructure. It is far easier to destroy than to create.

Wes

that and they love killing each other as well.

It possiblty makes sense if they all banded up and only killed the
"invaders" as in Americans and anybody else, but no, they have to kill
each other off.

they're clearly stupid.

Sadly, it seems idiots need a dictator to keep things in check because
they cannot handle themselves.

Did you ever think that they are just using the war as an excuse to
kill those they don't like?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Cydrome Leader wrote:

Wes wrote:
Terryc wrote:

not the moderator wrote:
[...]

If they were smart they'd work for Blackwater. They get promoted for doing
things like that, and they get paid pretty well, besides.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

If they were smart they'd work for Blackwater. They get promoted for doing
things like that, and they get paid pretty well, besides.

Except that Blackwater only hires foreigners.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

If they were smart they'd work for Blackwater. They get promoted for
doing
things like that, and they get paid pretty well, besides.

Except that Blackwater only hires foreigners.

Shucks. I think that's unfair discrimination. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:42:02 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:
Wes wrote:
Terryc wrote:

not the moderator wrote:
[...]

It's pretty obvious that the two sects are killing each other because
they both think the other side is collaborating with the invaders, which
is US.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:53:04 GMT, Richard The Dreaded Libertarian wrote:

It's pretty obvious that the two sects are killing each other because
they both think the other side is collaborating with the invaders, which
is US.

It's pretty obvious to people who look back further than this decade,
that those two sects have been killing each other for centuries before
the US existed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-10-03, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:53:04 GMT, Richard The Dreaded Libertarian wrote:

It's pretty obvious that the two sects are killing each other because
they both think the other side is collaborating with the invaders, which
is US.

It's pretty obvious to people who look back further than this decade,
that those two sects have been killing each other for centuries before
the US existed.

I have not looked into this very deeply, but the stuff that I saw
indicated that Sunnis and Shiites in Iraq were not fighting each other
-- in major ways -- until later part of the 20th century. I will
appreciate some facts on this matter.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-10-03, Dave Hinz wrote:

It's pretty obvious to people who look back further than this decade,
that those two sects have been killing each other for centuries before
the US existed.

I have not looked into this very deeply, but the stuff that I saw
indicated that Sunnis and Shiites in Iraq were not fighting each other
-- in major ways -- until later part of the 20th century. I will
appreciate some facts on this matter.

Dates back to 931 AD. I trust your google-fu is sufficient.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 20:40:31 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus7591 quickly quoth:

On 2007-10-03, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:53:04 GMT, Richard The Dreaded Libertarian wrote:

It's pretty obvious that the two sects are killing each other because
they both think the other side is collaborating with the invaders, which
is US.

It's pretty obvious to people who look back further than this decade,
that those two sects have been killing each other for centuries before
the US existed.

I have not looked into this very deeply, but the stuff that I saw
indicated that Sunnis and Shiites in Iraq were not fighting each other
-- in major ways -- until later part of the 20th century. I will
appreciate some facts on this matter.

I haven't read it, but I wonder if this would help:
http://www.amazon.com/Middle-East-Be.../dp/0684832801

According to this, it started in 656 A.D.
http://hnn.us/articles/934.html

But remember that there are 3 active sects in Iraq: Kurds, Sunnis, and
Shiites. Don't forget the Kurds. sigh

--
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when
they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

But remember that there are 3 active sects in Iraq: Kurds, Sunnis, and
Shiites. Don't forget the Kurds. sigh

The Kurds are an ethnic group, not a religious sect. In that way they
are more like the Marsh Arabs, and the Iranians (who are not Arab but
are Aryan.)

They adhere to many different religions, though the majority if Iraqi
Kurds are Sunni muslims.
The Kurds tend toward the more mystic Sufi traditions and to the more
secular interpretations of the Kuran.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It's pretty obvious that the two sects are killing each other because
they both think the other side is collaborating with the invaders,

which
is US.

It's pretty obvious to people who look back further than this decade,
that those two sects have been killing each other for centuries before
the US existed.

I have not looked into this very deeply, but the stuff that I saw
indicated that Sunnis and Shiites in Iraq were not fighting each other
-- in major ways -- until later part of the 20th century. I will
appreciate some facts on this matter.

The thing about Iraq is that it's history is the longest on record, it being
the cradle of civilization and all of that. Consequently, they have had time
for everything to have happened and over and over for dozens of times. There
have been times when both sects got along and there have been times when
they have fought each other tooth and nail. It all depends upon which
century you are talking about.

Right now they have divided the country pretty much into ethnic/geographic
centers for each group. Just what you would expect if you knew anything
about Iraq's history. Shiites have driven the Sunnis out of Baghdad so there
is going to be less killing there. But now that the British are pulling out,
another 1,000 of them are leaving the country by December, southern Iraq is
now becoming a battleground for the different Shiite factions. You have a
number of different wars going on Iraq at the same time. Sunni vs Shiite,
Insurgents vs US, Iran vs Us; you get my drift.

The bottom line is that because we removed the dictator in Iraq the people
there are in the process of sorting out who is going to be in power
regardless of what the US wants or had plans to do. A power struggle between
Iraqi factions is happening and nothing anyone does is going to stop it. The
current Iraqi government would fall immediately if not for US troops keeping
them in power. Whether an accommodation is reached between the parties,
highly unlikely, a new dictator takes over, the tribes separate into
individual states, or anarchy reigns, some kind of end will come and it will
be the choice of the Iraqi people, not us. The US can get out soon or later
but the result will be the same. Iraqis will sort out for themselves what
they want for their country. Just like they have done without any help from
us for the last few thousand years. Which is a difficult concept to grasp
for a country that has become as arrogant as ours is.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:37:45 -0400, Stuart Wheaton
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

But remember that there are 3 active sects in Iraq: Kurds, Sunnis, and
Shiites. Don't forget the Kurds. sigh

The Kurds are an ethnic group, not a religious sect. In that way they
are more like the Marsh Arabs, and the Iranians (who are not Arab but
are Aryan.)

The Marsh Arabs and Kurds..the two groups your butt buddy Saddam was
committing genocide on....Im surprised there are any left.

Gunner