Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for a widget...

--A while back some of the automotive catalogs had a neat little
miniature working car jack; photo showed it hoisting a coffee mug. Does that
ring any bells? Suddenly I've got an application and I can't seem to find a
link! Anyone got a reference?
TIA,

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : A steaming pile of
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : obscure information...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

steamer wrote:
--A while back some of the automotive catalogs had a neat little
miniature working car jack; photo showed it hoisting a coffee mug. Does that
ring any bells? Suddenly I've got an application and I can't seem to find a
link! Anyone got a reference?
TIA,

Sears has them with the Craftsman name cast into the frame.
Red. Mine works well.
Wilmar/Performance Tool has them, check your FLAPS.
Harbor Freight as well.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

steamer wrote:

--A while back some of the automotive catalogs had a neat little
miniature working car jack; photo showed it hoisting a coffee mug. Does that
ring any bells? Suddenly I've got an application and I can't seem to find a
link! Anyone got a reference?
TIA,

How about a "Lab Jack" sounds about the right size. Used in
chem labs to raise beakers etc.
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

steamer wrote:
--A while back some of the automotive catalogs had a neat little
miniature working car jack; photo showed it hoisting a coffee mug. Does that
ring any bells? Suddenly I've got an application and I can't seem to find a
link! Anyone got a reference?
TIA,

I saw those on the counter at Northern Hydraulic and Tools...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

HF
JR
Dweller in the cellar

steamer wrote:
--A while back some of the automotive catalogs had a neat little
miniature working car jack; photo showed it hoisting a coffee mug. Does that
ring any bells? Suddenly I've got an application and I can't seem to find a
link! Anyone got a reference?
TIA,

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 23, 12:56 pm, steamer wrote:
--A while back some of the automotive catalogs had a neat little
miniature working car jack; ...
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas :...

I bought one to level and support the far end of some 4' beams on the
mill, but a planer gauge turned out to be a better answer since the
jack leaked slowly. It really would lift 200Lbs.

jw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--Thanks, gang; found the last one on the shelf at the local Pep
Boys for $24.- The application: I'm making a 'back saver' for when SWMBO
asks me to hold the dogs so she can mow their legs (cocker rescue makes
enough fur to fill a dumpster!). Yes, it's going to be a dog jack...