Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default compound angle

I could use some help on this project. I have to machine a 45 deg.
angle on a 45 deg angle. .500 wide between 90 deg. Like a dog leg. I
drew it on SU but I don't know how to read the angles.

AFD

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I am naturally good at geometry and math, but once in 1885 when I built
something with compound angles, I found it easier to cut scrap pieces
until I made one that fit, and kept making them with that setting on the
machine.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:54:14 -0700, Clark Magnuson
wrote:

I am naturally good at geometry and math, but once in 1885 when I built
something with compound angles, I found it easier to cut scrap pieces
until I made one that fit, and kept making them with that setting on the
machine.

Whew in 1885,,,,,whoa old timer
Daveb
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I am naturally good at geometry and math, but once in 1885 when I built
something with compound angles, I found it easier to cut scrap pieces
until I made one that fit, and kept making them with that setting on the
machine.

Whew in 1885,,,,,whoa old timer
Daveb

Back then they had to do all there work in the summer. First
you had to go round up several large jars stuffed full of
Lightning Bugs, which had to be really fresh and well juiced
for this much work (they don't keep well, hence a summertime
only operation). Nowadays of course we can just plug the
machines in. Just think of all the fun and exercise me miss
out on now, not having to chase down all them Lightning Bugs
to get a bit of machining done (snort!)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
oups.com...
I could use some help on this project. I have to machine a 45 deg.
angle on a 45 deg angle. .500 wide between 90 deg. Like a dog leg. I
drew it on SU but I don't know how to read the angles.

AFD

You may want to checkout some carpentry books. I had one with a chart for
setting up compound angles, there may even be some thing similar on the
internet. I think the book I had was on using a radial arm saw.

Jimmie

Leveling Compound Haystack Home Repair 0 May 30th 06 12:57 AM
best compound miter saw? [email protected] Woodworking 21 November 5th 05 01:40 AM
Best Compound Mitre saw John Morphet Woodworking 9 September 3rd 05 10:46 PM
Compound mitre Cut LR Woodworking 2 July 14th 04 01:24 AM