Vince Iorio

Default Adjust-A-Link V-belting

I bought some adjust a link belting and the installation tool from
McMaster-Carr. But I can not figure out how to actually use it. I
tried to Goggle some instructions but could not find any. Does any one
here know what the trick is to link the belt back to it's self?

Thanks,

Vince

Bob Powell

"Vince Iorio" wrote in message
news
I bought some adjust a link belting and the installation tool from
McMaster-Carr. But I can not figure out how to actually use it. I
tried to Goggle some instructions but could not find any. Does any one
here know what the trick is to link the belt back to it's self?

Thanks,

Vince

This is the style using steel rivets to connect the overlapping links?

I didnt' know there was an installation tool. It is a bear to work with.
Bend the belt over backwards over a single link and push the ends of the
link together. That'll force open the slot that runs down the length of the
link, then you can slide the top link along the rivet pin until it gets to
the opening in the slot that is big enough to get the rivet head through.
Each link is 2 sections long and so any given link is held by one pin at
each end and one in the middle. Well maybe if you hold a section and bend
it backwards this will make sense.

Bob

JMartin957

[...]

Might find it easier to take a link apart first, then reverse what you did.
Always fun working on this inside a machine and when there isn't a whole lot of
slack.

Installation tool - like a pair of bent needle-nose pliers?

John Martin
Steve

Go to http://media-server.amazon.com/media...L000031390.pdf
for installation instructions. -Steve
Vince Iorio

Yes, the tool looks like bent pliers, with a "T" profile at the tip. It
looks like you push it into the cut between rivets and open the tip to
spread the hole open to get the rivet in & out. I was trying to get a
link apart first, but I could not get the rivet to move. Maybe more
force. I was hoping there was a "trick" that made it easier.

I'll try Bobs advice about bending it back wards and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Vince

JMartin957 wrote:

[...]

Vince Iorio

Steve,

Thanks! but the link is for the "Twist lock" belting, not the "Adjust A
Link" belting.

Vince

Link Belts George G Metalworking 6 January 12th 04 03:43 PM
How do you adjust the cutter bit on Aloris Tool Holders Steve Metalworking 28 October 20th 03 03:12 AM