John Ings

Default Need small gearhed electric motor

I need a small gearhead electric motor, 115V with an output shaft
speed around 200 RPM, but buying a new one could be pricey.
Princess Auto were selling some in their surplus section that were
originally from a xerox machine. but of course with surplus, they've
got what they've got only when they've got it, and they're not
stocking it any more. Anybody know of similar sources?

Lane

"John Ings" wrote in message
I need a small gearhead electric motor, 115V with an output shaft
speed around 200 RPM, but buying a new one could be pricey.
Princess Auto were selling some in their surplus section that were
originally from a xerox machine. but of course with surplus, they've
got what they've got only when they've got it, and they're not
stocking it any more. Anybody know of similar sources?

Try the Surplus Center, if what you want isn't on the web site, call them.
http://www.surpluscenter.com/

Lane

LP

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:48:30 -0700, John Ings
wrote:

I need a small gearhead electric motor, 115V with an output shaft
speed around 200 RPM, but buying a new one could be pricey.
Princess Auto were selling some in their surplus section that were
originally from a xerox machine. but of course with surplus, they've
got what they've got only when they've got it, and they're not
stocking it any more. Anybody know of similar sources?

Try this:

http://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.as...arch=gearmotor

John Ings

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:11:55 -0400, LP
wrote:

I need a small gearhead electric motor, 115V with an output shaft
speed around 200 RPM, but buying a new one could be pricey.
Princess Auto were selling some in their surplus section that were
originally from a xerox machine. but of course with surplus, they've
got what they've got only when they've got it, and they're not
stocking it any more. Anybody know of similar sources?

Try this:

http://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.as...arch=gearmotor

Ooooh! That's the place to look! Thanks!

Engineman1

In article , John Ings

rom: John Ings
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:35:18 -0700

wrote:

I need a small gearhead electric motor, 115V with an output shaft
speed around 200 RPM, but buying a new one could be pricey.
Princess Auto were selling some in their surplus section that were
originally from a xerox machine. but of course with surplus, they've
got what they've got only when they've got it, and they're not
stocking it any more. Anybody know of similar sources?

Try ebay, they have them in all types and sizes. I needed one for a power feed
for my mill-drill and wasn't sure whatI needed. I bought 5 of them before I got
one that did the job.
Engineman1

pragmatist

John Ings wrote in message . ..
I need a small gearhead electric motor, 115V with an output shaft
speed around 200 RPM, but buying a new one could be pricey.
Princess Auto were selling some in their surplus section that were
originally from a xerox machine. but of course with surplus, they've
got what they've got only when they've got it, and they're not
stocking it any more. Anybody know of similar sources?

Check out american science & surplus - www.sciplus.com
They've generally got a fair selection of small motors
at good prices, but know what it is you're buying.
Pragmatist
Carl Ijames

And www.mpja.com for more surplus stuff.

--
Regards,

J.R. Williams

John Ings wrote in message . ..
I need a small gearhead electric motor, 115V with an output shaft
speed around 200 RPM, but buying a new one could be pricey.
Princess Auto were selling some in their surplus section that were
originally from a xerox machine. but of course with surplus, they've
got what they've got only when they've got it, and they're not
stocking it any more. Anybody know of similar sources?

John

Have you thought about using a variable speed elelctric drill motor???
They are low in cost and can easily be modified.

JRW

Kevin Beitz

Trates surplus....... 570-742-2101 ask for Gary
Kevin Beitz

Trates surplus....... 570-742-2101 ask for Gary
Kevin Beitz

Trates surplus....... 570-742-2101 ask for Gary
Kevin Beitz

Trates surplus....... 570-742-2101 ask for Gary
Kevin Beitz

Trates surplus....... 570-742-2101 ask for Gary

Engineman1

Subject: Need small gearhed electric motor
From: "Wild Bill"
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:37:05 -0400

What type/model did you find satisfactory? The feed screw is acme thread?

WB

"Engineman1" wrote in message

Try ebay, they have them in all types and sizes. I needed one for a power

feed
for my mill-drill and wasn't sure whatI needed. I bought 5 of them before

I got
one that did the job.
Engineman1

The first one was AC and I had a DC controller, the vendor sent me a DC motor
and let me keep the first one. The second one didn't have enough power and
slowed down on heavy cuts. The 3rd had plenty of power but was so heavy it
deflected my table anf the 4th had a short in the armature winding that raised
hell with my controller. The one I'm using now is so long it's clumsy but it
does the job.

Engineman1

See it at:
http://members.aol.com/Engineman1/mill-drill.html

Wild Bill

Thanks, I remember the one eBay motor you asked about here in RCM.. I'm glad
things finally worked out for your application.
The 140:1 gear ratio is probably capable of supplying plenty of torque for
almost any small-medium sized table feed operation.

WB

"Engineman1" wrote in message
In article , "Wild Bill"