Bill Bright

Default Need help IDing some items.

I would really appriciate any information anybody has about these two items.

First is a buck chuck? It is marked Buck tool company kalamazoo mich
112009-49 MTD -10BE

http://www.homeshopmachinist.com/images/fpc008a.jpg
http://www.homeshopmachinist.com/images/fpc008b.jpg

Second is a thing. It is stamped Moseley It has a bunch of pointed
rods with tiny little horizontal holes near the pointed end.
http://www.homeshopmachinist.com/images/fpc009.jpg

DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Bill Bright wrote:
I would really appriciate any information anybody has about these two items.

First is a buck chuck? It is marked Buck tool company kalamazoo mich
112009-49 MTD -10BE

http://www.homeshopmachinist.com/images/fpc008a.jpg
http://www.homeshopmachinist.com/images/fpc008b.jpg

I don't know *what* they fit or do. I've never seen anything
like that.

Second is a thing. It is stamped Moseley It has a bunch of pointed
rods with tiny little horizontal holes near the pointed end.
http://www.homeshopmachinist.com/images/fpc009.jpg

That is a jeweler's/watchmaker's tool. I think that those holes
serve to deburr a hole in a plate of brass used to make a watch or clock
frame. Other variants which fit the same system are (I believe) used to
swage existing holes to make them smaller, or to lock a bearing bushing
into them. (I would love to hear more details, myself.)

But Mosely is one of the names of watchmaker's lathes and tools.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Bill Bright

Thanks for the help so far. I am selling some items for a local college
that shut down their machining program and they some things I have never
seen before.

I think this is for a screw machine. But could someone give a little more
information on what they do and how they are held?
http://www.homeshopmachinist.com/images/fpc006a.jpg

Thank you

George

"Bill Bright" wrote:

Thanks for the help so far. I am selling some items for a local college
that shut down their machining program and they some things I have never
seen before.

I think this is for a screw machine. But could someone give a little more
information on what they do and how they are held?
http://www.homeshopmachinist.com/images/fpc006a.jpg

Thank you

Look like the HSS inserts for a spade drill.

A poor picture here in MSC's catalog:

http://www.mscdirect.com/PDF.process?pdf=148

McMaster has a better picture, but I can't bookmark it.

George.

Harold & Susan Vordos

"George" wrote in message
"Bill Bright" wrote:

Thanks for the help so far. I am selling some items for a local college
that shut down their machining program and they some things I have never
seen before.

I think this is for a screw machine. But could someone give a little more
information on what they do and how they are held?
http://www.homeshopmachinist.com/images/fpc006a.jpg

Thank you

Look like the HSS inserts for a spade drill.

A poor picture here in MSC's catalog:

http://www.mscdirect.com/PDF.process?pdf=148

McMaster has a better picture, but I can't bookmark it.

George.

Yep, they're spade drill inserts.

Harold

Brian Lawson

Hey Bill,

Definitely spade drill insert blades. Worth a fair penny if they are
in good condition, and if you have a reasonable range of sizes in a
"set". There should be a driving arbor too, and maybe a sharpening
jig near the tool grinder also.

I've never seen anyone with these in a HSM environment, but pretty
common in industry, because it takes a fair bit of power to drive a
drill bit in larger sizes.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 23:02:02 -0500, "Bill Bright"
wrote:

Thanks for the help so far. I am selling some items for a local college
that shut down their machining program and they some things I have never
seen before.

I think this is for a screw machine. But could someone give a little more
information on what they do and how they are held?
http://www.homeshopmachinist.com/images/fpc006a.jpg

Thank you

Old Nick

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:38:43 -0500, "Bill Bright"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I would really appriciate any information anybody has about these two items.

First is a buck chuck?

What I use to keep my nadgers in order

Second is a thing.

OK....

It is stamped Moseley

ooooh!

It has a bunch of pointed
rods with tiny little horizontal holes near the pointed end.

Ah! The tickler (not the wriggler).....whistling version.

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of
the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted
child would do this?"....the internet seems full of
them. It's very sad
Bill Bright

"Old Nick" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:38:43 -0500, "Bill Bright"
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

I would really appriciate any information anybody has about these two

items.

First is a buck chuck?

What I use to keep my nadgers in order

Second is a thing.

OK....

It is stamped Moseley

ooooh!

It has a bunch of pointed
rods with tiny little horizontal holes near the pointed end.

Ah! The tickler (not the wriggler).....whistling version.

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of
the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted
child would do this?"....the internet seems full of
them. It's very sad\

Old Nick forgot to remove the N from his name (Ol d ick) and is my very
first plonk