Eric R Snow

Default Plonks

Another off topic post here folks. Been plonking people lately. Only
said it once but several have been added to my kill filter. It seems a
shame but too much critisism! Too much negativity! Where it did
nothing to help the situation. For years never used the kill filter.
And it's not just because of political stuff. People who know me know
that I have strong opinions and will try to convince others that my
opions are correct. It just seems like either my patience has run out
or there are more people out there who think it is OK to belittle
others with no good reason. And such vehement comments! And such
terrible comments! Bigotry abounds. Got sick of it. Hopefully the
folks who are on my kill filter list will eventually be removed. After
I've calmed down a bit.
Later,
Eric R Snow,
Who wants this group to return to people helping people, not people
tearing each other down.
Harold & Susan Vordos

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
[...]

It didn't take me long to figure out what you were talking about. I read a
couple threads that I had, up until now, not had time to explore. Yep,
bigotry abounds, and certain parties should be damned ashamed of themselves.

I, for one, am not thrilled with comments that denigrate an entire class of
people, religious group, or those of particular ethnic extraction. I've
found there are good people in all groups, and welcome each and every person
based on their personal decency and honor.

I came from an environment where I was judged and set aside because my lack
of religion was not in keeping with the religion of choice of the vast
majority of the residents of the state. I was effected by the treatment
in all phases of my life, including my then business. I know first hand
what it feels like to be the victim of discrimination.

I'm with you, Eric. I have enjoyed most of the guys on this group, even
when I've not necessarily agreed with them, but the personal attacks and
venomous comments really have no place here. I tend to look at these guys
like family, or close friends. I labored under the idea that we were, in
some small way, fellow travelers seeking a common goal, but that appears to
not be the case in some instances. Those that we turn to for support are
quick to stab us in the back.

Like you, I'm very close to starting a kill file. I've had one before, but
it had but one individual in it, who has grown by leaps and bounds and is
doing much better, at least as far as I'm concerned. Assuming I do start
the kill file again, it will be silently, just as you have done. Those
with the caustic comments will still be free to post them, but I won't have
to see them. I guess that serves their right to voice their nasty,
negative opinions, and serves my right to be free from them. Those kill
files are a good thing when used appropriately.

Harold

Brain Damage

If you killfile the names "Gunner" and "Brain Damage" that would be a very
good start..........lol

Seriously though if you dont want to read or take part in a thread, there is
nothing forcing you to do so!

I think many users of this forum are quite amused at the way "Gunner" is
tieing himself up in knots, trying to post intelligent trolls in response to
some of my posts!

Backlash

My new tagline.

RJ

--
"Have no one say it, and say it to your shame, that all was well here, until
YOU came."

Offbreed

Roy wrote:

I also added some kill filters to the forum a while back and what used
to amount to a few hundred posts each day getting dowloaded has
dwindled to a manageable few. I filter out Iraqi, OT, some author
names, FA, FS and a host of other commonly used subject tags.

Nfilter, now called "News Proxy" is very versatile. It is supposed to
be able to filter on any part of the complete header, unlike the
filters on most news readers. I've had to juggle and cuss a little now
and then, but it finally falls in line.

http://www.netaxs.com/home/h/nfilter/download.html

The install folder is called "newsproxy". Fast loading, small footprint.

Roy

I also added some kill filters to the forum a while back and what used
to amount to a few hundred posts each day getting dowloaded has
dwindled to a manageable few. I filter out Iraqi, OT, some author
names, FA, FS and a host of other commonly used subject tags.

For some reason or other this forum sure is not what it used to be
like a year or two ago.

Ebay,On Sat, 08 May 2004 16:16:15 -0700, Eric R Snow
wrote:

[...]

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.