Don

Default John Deer Tractor lift handle repair

My uncle let me borrow his small John Deer tractor which is several
years old with a tiller attached to it. The lever which you ise to
lift the tiller attachment up and down broke off halway up. (It was
like this before I got it).

Are these things cheap to buy or any ideas on how to make one? If they
are very expensive I thought about taking some 1 inch flat metal I
have and wleding it to what is left of the handle and wrapping
electrical tape around where your hand goes put there has to be some
neater ideas you guys cfan think of.

Thanks!

Roy

What part would the electrical tape play?
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Tom Gardner

Roy, shame on you!!! The electrical tape is to keep the bolts from being
overstressed.

"Roy" wrote in message
What part would the electrical tape play?
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Bonza

Gee, let me take another look at this situation...

I am too cheap to get my own equipment or rent what I need. My uncle
was generous and trusting enough to loan me his tractor and tiller
(which he has invested several thousand in), and I broke it.

Now I am trying to figure out some way to butcher this thing and piece
it back together and maybe he won't notice.....Rigggghhhhht

Here is some advice; Go to the local JD Dealer, order the part and
have them install it. One less thing for you to screw up.

Oh, and don't ever ask to borrow anything from him again.

Joel Corwith

"Bonza" wrote in message
om...
Gee, let me take another look at this situation...

Gee, maybe you could learn to read before you fly off at the mouth.

" (It was like this before I got it)."

Bonehead.

Joel. phx

I am too cheap to get my own equipment or rent what I need. My uncle
was generous and trusting enough to loan me his tractor and tiller
(which he has invested several thousand in), and I broke it.

Now I am trying to figure out some way to butcher this thing and piece
it back together and maybe he won't notice.....Rigggghhhhht

Here is some advice; Go to the local JD Dealer, order the part and
have them install it. One less thing for you to screw up.

Oh, and don't ever ask to borrow anything from him again.

Keith Marshall

The lever which you ise to
lift the tiller attachment up and down broke off halway up. (It was
like this before I got it).

Does it look anything like one of these?

What model tractor is it?

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll
get run over if you just sit there."
- Will Rogers (1879-1935).