Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dave

Default big toolbox caster *prices*: oh, my my moans....anybody got spares?

the big casters (with spring suspensions) prices -each- are enough to
put a guy into cardiac arrest. single or dual wheel, same situation.
fixed or swivel, yep, same. one or two hundred smackers PER CASTER? you
guys near boeing in washinton state and in the big cities 'got all the
luck' being able to buy 'em used. in north central florida, no such
luck, unless ya stumble over 'em once a decade or so, in a junk
store...not even any 'you can buy stuff here used' junkyards around here.

even withOUT spring suspensions, the heavy duty 'moldon' tire or
polyurethane/steel-wheeled casters are still MDP (mighty dern pricey)

unfortunately, they're the one thing my 'monolith' 28 drawer
toolbox-to-be came withOUT...see the behemoth at:

http://machines.awardspace.com/rotomatic/

so if you have any spare heavy-duty casters 'laying about', filthy dirty
or whatever, *please* shoot me a direct e-mail :-)

thanks, guys

toolie

--
e-mail replies please remove the 'weirdstuff' from my address before
clicking 'send' - thanks :-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal

In article psmeg.79718$IZ2.24965@dukeread07,
dave wrote:

even withOUT spring suspensions, the heavy duty 'moldon' tire or
polyurethane/steel-wheeled casters are still MDP (mighty dern pricey)

Have you tried the nearest farm store? You might be pleasantly surprised.