Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
gfulton

Default Lathes for auction.

I'm posting this just in case anyone is interested. I'm not affiliated with
the website in any way. Just like to see these machines go to a good home.
I would imagine they'll go cheap.

http://www.govdeals.com/eas/itmDispl...=35&acctID=685

Garrett Fulton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 22 May 2006 20:17:56 -0500, "gfulton"
wrote:

I'm posting this just in case anyone is interested. I'm not affiliated with
the website in any way. Just like to see these machines go to a good home.
I would imagine they'll go cheap.

http://www.govdeals.com/eas/itmDispl...=35&acctID=685

Garrett Fulton

The Victors are not bad copies of the basic Mori Seki engine lathe.
The M1640 is a 16x40" lathe..which is a reasonable size for an
advanced hobby shop. Not too big..yet will still turn a reasonably
fast speed for small work.
Parts are readily available and they are easy to work on.

Its probably a 5 or 7hp motor, and likely weighs in at 3000 -3800 lbs.
Very handleable.

Now on the other hand..school lathe....shrug

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ

There are 4 more lathes in the same auction
http://www.govdeals.com/eas/catSelector.cfm seach under 'lathe'
All the current prices are under $200 but the auction just started.d

gfulton wrote:
I'm posting this just in case anyone is interested. I'm not affiliated with
the website in any way. Just like to see these machines go to a good home.
I would imagine they'll go cheap.

http://www.govdeals.com/eas/itmDispl...=35&acctID=685

Garrett Fulton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
gfulton

"Gunner" wrote in message

(snipped)

[...]

I've got a Clausing 5310 that was a school lathe. Made in 1956. One of the
reasons I drove 2000 miles to get it was I'd read on this newsgroup that
school lathes, since they'd never been used in production, usually had less
wear for their age. Since I don't have another 5310 that was used in
production to compare it to, I can't really say this is true one way or the
other. My tailstock gets stiff to move up close to the headstock, so I know
I've got some bed wear. But a test cut 11" long only had .001 variance.
I'd be interested in hearing what others had to say about school lathes one
way or the other.

Garrett Fulton

Dalton Lathes Dennis Turk Metalworking 85 May 8th 21 05:18 PM
Lagun/Republic Lathes JB Metalworking 0 October 10th 05 11:41 PM
EMCO V10 lathes for sale [email protected] Metalworking 1 April 27th 04 04:26 AM
3 Clausing 4902 lathes for sale [email protected] Metalworking 0 April 21st 04 10:15 PM
Musing about tomorrow's lathes. (I'm becoming cognitively deprived) Arch Woodturning 21 October 28th 03 05:00 PM