Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Philippe Habib

Default Leveling machines

I have some beginner questions about leveling machines. When you use feet
or something like that you are sending all of the weight to the point
where the feet attach to the machine. Does that stress the machine
because you're grately decreasing the surface in contact with the floor,
from the whole base of the casting to the small area the top of the foot
makes contact with the machine? Do I need to grout the area between the
rest of the casting and the floor?

Also, I have some levelers that use a sliding wedge with a horizontal
screw to go up. My thought was that I'd have a bolt anchored into the
concrete, put the leveling pad on, then the machine and a nut to draw the
machine down to the leveling pad. That way the machine could not go up or
down. I'm in earthquake country and I don't want a top heavy thing
tipping over.

I understand those solid mounts won't provide any vibration isolation.

Thanks.