Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary A. Gorgen

Default Help free the mechanic

xray wrote:
Another craigslist listing...

"i need to sell some of my boyfriends tools to get him out of jail"

http://www.craigslist.org/sby/tls/159304663.html

Funny you should mention this.

I went over there yesterday to look at the OA torch.
I've been looking for a small portable OA rig.
She wanted more than I thought it was worth, for a few
bucks more, I can get a new one from the welding shop.

BUT....,
In the back of the garage, was a 60 gal horizontal air compressor,
welded on top of a 100 gal horizontal tank. To provide proper
air balance between the two tanks, a 2x2 square tube was welded
between them. I think he burned a hole in each tank, then welded
the tube in with the cutting tip. I didn't go any closer than
10 ft., but could see the bird-**** welds really clear.
I don't think I've ever seen that scary in my whole life.
After I left, I was kicking myself that I didn't take a picture
of it. I keep forgetting that my cell-phone has a camera.

If anyone happens to go there, take a picture of that compressor.
It make the guy working on his truck, proped up by a 4x4, look safe.

--
Gary A. Gorgen | "From ideas to PRODUCTS"
| Tunxis Design Inc.
| Cupertino, Ca. 95014
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
*

Gary A. Gorgen wrote in article
.. .

BUT....,
In the back of the garage, was a 60 gal horizontal air compressor,
welded on top of a 100 gal horizontal tank. To provide proper
air balance between the two tanks, a 2x2 square tube was welded
between them. I think he burned a hole in each tank, then welded
the tube in with the cutting tip. I didn't go any closer than
10 ft., but could see the bird-**** welds really clear.
I don't think I've ever seen that scary in my whole life.
After I left, I was kicking myself that I didn't take a picture
of it. I keep forgetting that my cell-phone has a camera.

If anyone happens to go there, take a picture of that compressor.
It make the guy working on his truck, proped up by a 4x4, look safe.

Do you suppose his incarceration has anything at all to do with the use of
curbside pharmaceuticals - perhaps while designing and building shop
equipment????

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller

On Thu, 11 May 2006 05:33:42 -0700, "Gary A. Gorgen"
wrote:

xray wrote:
[...]

Even worse than the cobbled up one I saw where the bed rail frame to
mount the motor and compressor was welded to the top of an old
rivetted hot water tank
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

wrote:

xray wrote:
[...]

I had a potential customer call and ask if I could weld his leaky
compresser tank. After pointing out why it would be a bad idea for me
to do this and for him to use it if I did, and then my price to weld
it even if it was safe, we both agreed that a new one for 40 bucks was
the better deal.
ERS
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

wrote:

xray wrote:
[...]

==============
He should get a real bang out of that set up -- I'll be watching
the news for the latest terrorist bombing....

Unka George
(George McDuffee)

There is something to be said for government by a great aristocracy
which has furnished leaders to the nation in peace and war for generations;
even a democrat like myself must admit this.

But there is absolutely nothing to be said for government by a plutocracy,
for government by men very powerful in certain lines and gifted with the "money touch,"
but with ideals which in their essence are merely those of so many glorified pawnbrokers.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.

THANX cutegirl Metalworking 0 March 25th 06 11:02 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM