Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ED

Default More Conex ?'s

OK it looks like moving a shop via a conex box is a
good way to go. What's the best way to insure the
contents

And how are things such as machine tools best secured for shipping,
skidded and crated I assume but then what's used to tie them down
once loaded?

ED

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
~Roy

About all I know about them conex containers other than them being
made of steel is that they are some hot SOB's to spend any time
in......As a youngin in the US Army, I had the pleasure to spend a bit
over 24 hours locked in one when the MP's made a raid to some offbase
establishments I happened to be patronizing back in southeast aisa at
that time.........The provost marshal routinley used them as holding
cells. They even had an entire prison madeout of them at an
installaton called Long Binh......was called Silver City, as they were
painted silver......but yu had to tbe really hard core to get stuck in
Silver City, not a young drunk looking for some tail in off limit
establishments like most of us did.

On Wed, 10 May 2006 07:57:48 -0600, ED
wrote:

OK it looks like moving a shop via a conex box is a
good way to go. What's the best way to insure the
contents

And how are things such as machine tools best secured for shipping,
skidded and crated I assume but then what's used to tie them down
once loaded?

ED

"The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are
given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to
my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still
only worth $1.....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

OK it looks like moving a shop via a conex box is a
good way to go. What's the best way to insure the
contents

Different country, can't help you. I am insured with RAC

And how are things such as machine tools best secured for shipping,
skidded and crated I assume but then what's used to tie them down
once loaded?

I used 1000 kg rated ratchet tie down straps to secure my stuff,
all heavy stuff in centre, lathe lashed one side, mill the other.
Alan, in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz.
VK6 YAB VKS 737 - W 617

Conex? Nigel Molesworth UK diy 2 August 17th 05 12:51 PM
Which to choose - Speedfit, Hep2O or Conex Cuprofit? [email protected] UK diy 6 December 2nd 03 09:18 AM