Gunner

Default OT True tale of British Law Enforcement

To our mates in the UK, Is it really this bad? If so, Im amazed and
shocked.

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:39:55 -0000, "The Rifleman"
wrote:

My Family left in danger by Police

(gun carrying druggies left to roam)

6.40 PM Thursday 26 Feb 2004 Heard raised voices out back, looked out from
my office window and saw the same group of four lads who had stolen and
burnt the wheelie bins from the flats above the shops, which included the
same two younger lads who had tried to burn down the community centre ( also
videoed and reported See*). it's the same crowd who like to smash down the
fence surrounding the retirement home for the elderly and rampage through
the grounds and race motorcycles about the pedestrian areas whilst swigging
booze from bottles ( see **).

Got video camera out and watched, first lads behaving furtively near corner
of foot path doing something with bottle, they appears to be making some
sort of crack pipe out of bottle and sharing it among youngsters. Phoned
local police station . No answer, not surprised.

7.05 ish horrified to see one youth produce what looked like a small calibre
handgun and start waving it about, can see him loading the magazine and
feeding it into the pistol grip, made the assumption drugs + being stoned +
gun for protection = dangerous scenario Gun aimed at our houses and OAP
home. Dialled 999 at about 7.25 pm and told police tale of increased yobbish
behaviour plus arson, now drugs, plus staggering stoned gunman.( gun looked
like a small calibre 22.LR or 25 ACP semi automatic )

Cops said they would respond,

Tried local police station again, no answer.

Waited.....waited......waited .. No one came

7.48pm no cops came, druggies staggered off waving gun about, I grabbed
video, got in car and went to police station, phoned wife en route she said
no police had been either to front or rear of house, or had called at house
itself, phoned wife again when I got there, still no police at my home.

Told lady on desk that I required confirmation that if the police were not
going to come to the rescue of my family that I would take steps to protect
my family plus I had superb video footage of incidents, she made phone call
superiors in main control room and they told her which she passed to me that
they were readying an ARV because they did not want to send an unarmed cop
into possibly dangerous situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and someone would
come and speak with me. I replied "and who is going to protect my family
from gun toting druggies???? during this time". Lady made phone call found
out ARV was now on Elmtree, but left almost immediately to deal with another
call, not having checked if my family was safe, still leaving my family
unprotected. She was still trying to get a sergeant to speak to me but no
one came. Still no police went to our family home to see if my family was
safe whilst I waited and waited in the police station No one came.

Desk lady kept promising someone would come and speak too me, I asked why ?
I simply wanted to clarify that the cops were not going to protect my family
meaning I would have to do the job myself, again she tried to get someone to
speak to me but no one came. She then said the ARV crew wished to speak with
me so I waited some more, then they decided they like everyone else did not
want to speak with me. At 8.35 I told her to forget it because it was
obvious the police were neither going to deal with the armed druggies or
bother with me. As I walked out she said a WPC would speak with me, I told
her too late I have a family to protect because the police could not do the
job. I also advised her I would inform the media.

I also advised that if the same scenario occurs tomorrow I would take law
into my own hands to protect my family, went home phoned local TV station
who promised to come in AM.

10 .30 pm still no police, crime scene covered in snow, crack bottle and any
possible evidence long since gone.

9.00 am Friday Morning TV crew turned up to cover story. So did an old lady
from the flats saying she to had phoned 999 last night but no one came.(
Told reporter that I reckon if police got hands on original tape they would
" accidentally" lose it)

10. AM Friday morning 27 Feb still waiting for
police.........................

Police phoned at 11AM to ask if it was OK to come and sort the problem
out...On Monday next week. ( Expletives deleted) (See***)

Over 12 hours since dialling 999 and still no police have called at house to
see if we are
alright.......................................... ...........................

5.45 PM Friday I still have not seen a police officer, though they have been
rather keen since the media got involved to get their hands on my video,
more interested in saving face than saving life.

Police Sergeant phoned wanting to get his hands on the video footage I had
shot, was slightly dischuffed when I told him the media had it. Did NOT
enquire as to my families safety only interested in tape.

Still no one has been to see if we are OK.

TV station phoned to say cops wanted the video plus the copy????, The cops
were sending a car from Police HQ to TV station to collect tapes, Reporter
and I wondered why they could not respond so quickly in sending a car last
night? ( bad publicity more important that protecting my family)

Senior police officer phoned , very insistent that he needed video tapes,
did not enquire as to whether my family was safe!!!!, still no police have
been to my house.

6.00 PM My tale made the main story on the 6 O'clock news, the police claim
they sent an ARV, they did, to the front of the community centre which is on
a totally different road to where the gunman and chums were located, they
were at least 200 yds away from them on a different street. They also
promised more patrols but neither Bev nor I have seen any police officers at
all.

Nearly 24 hours after dialling 999 and still no sign of police coming to see
if we are OK or to take details.

6.45 PM Friday 27 Feb

Druggies walk past towards back lane, ten minutes later they come back
again. They have gone round the front of the Community Centre. I wonder if
24 hours is long enough for police to get ready?

Now more than 24 hours after I dialled 999 I have still not seen a police
officer.

.

* Phoned local police office at time of arson attempt to tell them about
incident, lady who answered the phone told me that no police officers were
available that day in our area, I advised her to use her radio to pass on
details to police HQ, No one came not cops, not fire service , not
surprised.

** Passed video footage of these incidents to police at half term.

*** Sgt W phoned at 8 pm on Monday to say 3 arrests had been made, Cannabis
and replica gun recovered, enquired if there had been any
retaliation???????. Sgt W also enquired as to the where abouts of the
original video tape (See ****) I informed Sgt W that the police had
possession of both tapes which they had seized from TTTV . He informed me a
female officer would attend Tuesday evening to take a statement.( See *****)

****which the "" Accidental"" loss of I forewarned the media I believed
would happen to help save public embarrassment to the police)

*****Tuesday evening Mar 02 2004, Waited in as requested by Sergeant W for
female police officer to come and take statement, No one came.

(expletives deleted)

At about 9 PM on Tuesday PC A ( the only innocent party in all of this
continuing fiasco) phoned to ask if he could call on Wednesday to take
statement, I told him about Inspector promising Sgt W coming to my house
Monday, then Sgt W arrangements with me for a PC to come Tuesday night and
that no one had come ( Again). Poor PC A had not been informed or involved
in any of the events. PC A promised to call after I pick Thomas up from
school Wednesday afternoon.

Wednesday PM PC Andy actually turns up to take statement.

I honestly feel that as the Police are armed to the teeth and so are the
criminals, and judging by the results of the last 72 hours no sane person
can seriously object to public demands for an absolute right, clearly
defined set of rules that not only allow the public to protect their
families and homes without fear of unjust prosecution, but also allow us
access to the tools needed to do the job.

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should
fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Told lady on desk that I required confirmation that if the police were not
going to come to the rescue of my family that I would take steps to protect
my family ...

There was another old tale circulating, about a gent in the same
situation. He called the cops back and said 'never mind, cancel
the response, I just went out and shot them.'

At which point the police showed up in force. "I thought
you told me there was nobody available to investigate this,"
the homeowner said.

Jim

please reply to:

John Manders

There was another old tale circulating, about a gent in the same
situation. He called the cops back and said 'never mind, cancel
the response, I just went out and shot them.'

At which point the police showed up in force. "I thought
you told me there was nobody available to investigate this,"
the homeowner said.

Jim

That story was lifted straight off one of our (fictional) TV programs.

John (UK)

PR

"Gunner" wrote in message ...
To our mates in the UK, Is it really this bad? Y E S !
If so, Im amazed and shocked.

American Police motto: "Protect & serve"

British Police motto: "There's nothing we can do"

Lane

American Police motto: "Protect & serve"

But, keep in mind that it isn't guaranteed in any way, shape, or form. It is
up to the individual to protect themselves. In this regard I do agree with
Gunner and the NRA!

Lane

In , on 03/05/04
at 06:47 PM, "PR" said:

British Police motto: "There's nothing we can do"

But weren't you doing 36 in a 30 limit sir? That'll be £60 please.
John Lloyd - Cymru/Wales

John Husvar

Lane wrote:
American Police motto: "Protect & serve"

But, keep in mind that it isn't guaranteed in any way, shape, or form. It is
up to the individual to protect themselves. In this regard I do agree with
Gunner and the NRA!

It's a motto, not a promise.