Gary Brady

Default in need of good sandblasting gun, please recomend

leaks and clumps up... what is the
BEST gun available, i cant take the crappy gun any longer.

Are you using good sand? My Sears sandblaster (circa 1973) clumps and spits
with "Play Sand" but works perfectly with graded sandblast sand.
Gary Brady
Austin, TX
Don Foreman

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:24:51 -0800, "wallster"
wrote:

I have an HF cabinet that i added a light and vacuum system and it works
alright but the gun absolutly sucks. It leaks and clumps up... what is the
BEST gun available, i cant take the crappy gun any longer.

I have a similar HF cabinet, also added a light and vacuum system,
The HF gun clanged the can before I even had grit in the box; I knew
it was junk, just wanted the cabinet. I've been very satisfied with
the TP Tools S-25 gun.
www.tptools.com

wallster

I have an HF cabinet that i added a light and vacuum system and it works
alright but the gun absolutly sucks. It leaks and clumps up... what is the
BEST gun available, i cant take the crappy gun any longer.
thanks,
walt

Don Foreman

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:29:03 -0800, "wallster"
wrote:

hey Don which gun would you buy? the S-25s (Small Trigger Operated Power Gun
Siphon gun requires 4-8 cfm, 3-5 HP air compressor.) or the S-25m (Medium
trigger operated
power gun siphon gun requires 10-15 cfm, 5-7 HP air compressors)
I have this compressor:
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=prod...99-1126-VT6329
I ordered the small, I figured the rated 10.3cfm is a stretch for the
compressor. Your thoughts? It's not too late to change the order)
walt

Same gun either way. Only difference is the nozzle and orifice
supplied with the gun. I think I ordered the S25m because they sold
the additional nozzles and orifices in sets of more than 1 and I
figured (correctly) that I'd use the small far more than the medium.

There are two things different about this gun from others: the
pickup tube is different (and better) and in the S-25 you change both
the nozzle and the orifice to change capacity.

If the pickup tube supplied doesn't fit in your cabinet, it's easy to
copy the design in one that does. I made mine out of conduit. Keep
the old one intact for when you might want to siphon- blast larger
parts outdoors from a bucket or bag of grit or sand. That gun will
not hicccup or hesitate as long as your air and grit are reasonably
dry. I take no heroic measures to keep either dry, have no problems.

Lowe's website told me "that item is no longer available" so I can't
scope your compressor. You can still use the S-25m with lower
capacity, just stop now and then to let the compressor catch up.

I use the small nozzle and orifice 90% of the time, just use the
medium when I want to shoot crushed walnut shells to blast tenacious
paint off of soft metal (brass or aluminum) without distorting or
roughening the metal. The walnut shells don't feed thru the small
setup at all well but work fine with the medium setup.

Hint: bird bedding from PetSmart is crushed walnutshells and CHEAP!
It . works great for blasting even very tenacious paint off of soft
metals like aluminum and brass without frosting or distorting the
metal.

I rarely need to blast anything that won't fit in my small cabinet.
On the few occasions I do, I take it to a guy with a huge Sculley
diesel compressor and a blasting barn (with a silo full of sand to
feed it). that can accomodate a semitrailer, He'll do a lot of
blasting for 50 bux.

wallster

Don, you're not the first person who recommended the s-25 (did a google
search) but i couldn't find the website for it. Thanks for the link, I just
ordered the S-25 gun, cant wait until it arrives!
Thanks,
walt

wrote:

I have an HF cabinet that i added a light and vacuum system and it works
alright but the gun absolutly sucks. It leaks and clumps up... what is

the
BEST gun available, i cant take the crappy gun any longer.

I have a similar HF cabinet, also added a light and vacuum system,
The HF gun clanged the can before I even had grit in the box; I knew
it was junk, just wanted the cabinet. I've been very satisfied with
the TP Tools S-25 gun.
www.tptools.com

wallster

Thanks Don, great info, the small should do the trick. My compressor is a
campbell hausfeld 60 gallon 7.0 hp rated at 10.3cfm @ 90 psi, (pretty sure
thats stretching it a bit) and i'm presently using some aluminum oxide with
it. This gun will be perfect. Thanks again,