Default Webster Air Compressor

I have been lurking here for a little bit and find a HUGE wealth of
information! Thanks!

Anyway, onto my problem now. I have a small Webster air compressor, it's
a 2 cylinder compressor, looks to be a solid cast iron pump, the number
"41" is stamped onto a little plate on the compressor. It's on about a 11
gallon tank with a 7 HP gas B&S motor. The problem is that after I shut
off the motor I can hear air hissing out of one cylinder of the pump, that
and I am sure it should pump more air then it is. I suspect that it just
needs the valves replaced and a new head gasket put on (does that sound
about right?)

I am going to try and get a picture or two of it, but on the top of the
cylinder head there is a little outlet, that has a copper pipe that attach
the two cylinders together, and one end just ends, no cap, no nothing,
just threads and open tube. It does look like it might have been attached
to the tank at some point. Is that some sort of unloaded for it, to let
it free-wheel when the tank is full?

Does anyone know who makes/sells parts for these Webster air
compressors? I would also like to find out the RPM that it should be
running at, or what the max RPM is.

Thanks for reading!

~Brian
Refinish King

The air you hear hissing:

Is most likely the check valve in the tank, which keeps the pressure from
backing up into the pump, for easier restarts. Start there before you spend
a ton of money on otherwise unnecessary work.

Refinish King

wrote in message news:j5w1c.683273$ts4.342187@pd7tw3no...
[...]

Phase converter won't spin compressor Jeffrey M. Borning Metalworking 18 January 23rd 04 06:50 PM
Air Compressor Safety? Shawn Lin Metalworking 14 October 15th 03 06:00 PM
Old Sears Air Compressor - Help Please jim Metalworking 9 August 15th 03 09:16 AM
Sears air compressor starting problem Jim Stuyck Metalworking 9 July 14th 03 01:03 PM