Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

Default Free personal addition of Solid Works

I'm not sure of all the details, but it looks like Solid Works is allowing a
personal version of their software to be used for free as long as it's not
for commercial use.

http://www.solidworks.com/pages/news/3DSkills.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message
I'm not sure of all the details, but it looks like Solid Works is allowing
personal version of their software to be used for free as long as it's not
for commercial use.

http://www.solidworks.com/pages/news/3DSkills.html

It looks like you have to renew every 90 days. Great stuff Maynard!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rob

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message
I'm not sure of all the details, but it looks like Solid Works is

allowing
personal version of their software to be used for free as long as it's

not
for commercial use.

http://www.solidworks.com/pages/news/3DSkills.html

It looks like you have to renew every 90 days. Great stuff Maynard!

Changing tack a little............

I spent 20 minutes googling today to try and find a price on a single
licence commercial Solidworks package without any luck. Anyone bought it
lately? I just need a ballpark price to submit for next years budget........

We don't need piping or other extras, just the basic 3D model -- flat
drawing package.

thanks
rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

We don't need piping or other extras, just the basic 3D model -- flat
drawing package.

thanks
rob

It's about $4,000. Add about another grand if you want the sorry "free"
upgrades.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart

Dave Lyon wrote:

I'm not sure of all the details, but it looks like Solid Works is allowing a
personal version of their software to be used for free as long as it's not
for commercial use.

http://www.solidworks.com/pages/news/3DSkills.html

In my opinion, a somewhat lame response to Alibre's
free Design Xpress.

http://www.alibre.com/xpress/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
StaticsJason

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message
I'm not sure of all the details, but it looks like Solid Works is

allowing
personal version of their software to be used for free as long as it's

not
for commercial use.

http://www.solidworks.com/pages/news/3DSkills.html

It looks like you have to renew every 90 days. Great stuff Maynard!

Changing tack a little............

I spent 20 minutes googling today to try and find a price on a single
licence commercial Solidworks package without any luck. Anyone bought it
lately? I just need a ballpark price to submit for next years
budget........

We don't need piping or other extras, just the basic 3D model -- flat
drawing package.

thanks
rob

A place I know of just spent $5500 a seat for the basic package.

StaticsJason

THANX cutegirl Metalworking 0 March 25th 06 11:02 AM
*** Rec.Woodworking Mini-FAQ *** 149, BAD Free David F. Eisan Woodworking 26 June 4th 04 04:36 AM
*** Rec.Woodorking Mini-FAQ *** 148, Pesticide Free! David F. Eisan Woodworking 0 April 19th 04 12:52 PM
*** Rec.Woodworking Mini-FAQ *** 140, Certified BSC Free! David F. Eisan Woodworking 0 November 30th 03 03:58 PM
*** Rec.Woodorking Mini-FAQ, *** 121, now lead free! David F. Eisan Woodworking 3 July 31st 03 09:48 PM