DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Free personal addition of Solid Works (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/153089-free-personal-addition-solid-works.html)

Dave Lyon April 12th 06 10:49 PM

Free personal addition of Solid Works

I'm not sure of all the details, but it looks like Solid Works is allowing a
personal version of their software to be used for free as long as it's not
for commercial use.

http://www.solidworks.com/pages/news/3DSkills.html

Tom Gardner April 13th 06 03:29 AM

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message
I'm not sure of all the details, but it looks like Solid Works is allowing
personal version of their software to be used for free as long as it's not
for commercial use.

http://www.solidworks.com/pages/news/3DSkills.html

It looks like you have to renew every 90 days. Great stuff Maynard!

Rob April 13th 06 01:59 PM

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message
I'm not sure of all the details, but it looks like Solid Works is

allowing
personal version of their software to be used for free as long as it's

not
for commercial use.

http://www.solidworks.com/pages/news/3DSkills.html

It looks like you have to renew every 90 days. Great stuff Maynard!

Changing tack a little............

I spent 20 minutes googling today to try and find a price on a single
licence commercial Solidworks package without any luck. Anyone bought it
lately? I just need a ballpark price to submit for next years budget........

We don't need piping or other extras, just the basic 3D model -- flat
drawing package.

thanks
rob

Dave Lyon April 13th 06 03:13 PM

Free personal addition of Solid Works

We don't need piping or other extras, just the basic 3D model -- flat
drawing package.

thanks
rob

It's about $4,000. Add about another grand if you want the sorry "free"
upgrades.

Jim Stewart April 13th 06 07:34 PM

Dave Lyon wrote:

I'm not sure of all the details, but it looks like Solid Works is allowing a
personal version of their software to be used for free as long as it's not
for commercial use.

http://www.solidworks.com/pages/news/3DSkills.html

In my opinion, a somewhat lame response to Alibre's
free Design Xpress.

http://www.alibre.com/xpress/

StaticsJason April 16th 06 04:53 AM

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message
I'm not sure of all the details, but it looks like Solid Works is

allowing
personal version of their software to be used for free as long as it's

not
for commercial use.

http://www.solidworks.com/pages/news/3DSkills.html

It looks like you have to renew every 90 days. Great stuff Maynard!

Changing tack a little............

I spent 20 minutes googling today to try and find a price on a single
licence commercial Solidworks package without any luck. Anyone bought it
lately? I just need a ballpark price to submit for next years
budget........

We don't need piping or other extras, just the basic 3D model -- flat
drawing package.

thanks
rob

A place I know of just spent $5500 a seat for the basic package.

StaticsJason