Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Screw Extraction ?

This is a dumb question. I am tring to extract a screw that the head
has broken off. Now for the dumb question. When using the screw
extraction bit, what direction to I put the drill in? Thanks!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leo Lichtman

wrote: (clip) When using the screwextraction bit,
what direction to I put the drill in? Thanks!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pointy end first.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Sehr

If you are using a left hand drill bit and a cordless hand drill set it to
reverse . And if you are lucky it will screw itself out. Jim
wrote in message
oups.com...
This is a dumb question. I am tring to extract a screw that the head
has broken off. Now for the dumb question. When using the screw
extraction bit, what direction to I put the drill in? Thanks!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bradford Chaucer

Not all that dumb. Most people use a regular right hand twist drill bit to
drill the hole for the extractor. However better practice is to use a left
hand twist bit. Some extractor sets provide the extractors and appropriate
left hand bits. The left hand bit will tend to losten the screw fragment
as opposed to tightening it further

screw keeps turning dundonald UK diy 15 October 26th 18 07:18 AM
Is screw too soft ? pogo Metalworking 13 March 6th 06 07:42 PM
New Clifton Chip Breaker - Old Stanley Screw Won't Fit Ted Franklin Woodworking 4 February 20th 06 02:34 AM
Home Depot not for Do-It-Yourself'ers? Joseph Home Repair 32 March 24th 04 07:50 PM
Vent screw keeps falling barry martin Home Repair 1 December 14th 03 06:40 PM