Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
jj3000

Default keyless chuck drill now does not grip , err

You know I wasn't even thinking when I bought the drill, just a
craftsman one about $50, I beleive the term is keyless chuck so you
use your hand to tighten, instead of a key.

I usually drill plastic or aluminum so it didn't show the weakness

Well after one weekend of steel work fabrication. The chuck doesn't
seem to grip the drill bit very well anymore. i.e. the bit stuck in
the metal and the chuck just spins/

I was wondering if I can convert the chunk to use a key, or replace
the fingers in the key. What is the problem? Sure the drill bits are
a bit more dull causing more fiction. But this is to a point where it
is not usable anymore.