Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Default stripping nickel from brass/bronze?

My buddy got a light fixture that has a big part that he believes is a bronze
casting which has been nickel plated. (I haven't seen it yet.) He wants to take
it back to a bronze finish. The manufacturer no longer makes this part and there
is apparently zero possibility of obtaining the part pre-plating. Is there some
chemical means of removing nickel from brass/bronze?

I'm about as rusty as I can be on inorganic chemistry anymore, it's just been
too damn long ..

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington