Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Help with small cutting wheels

Hi, all:

I am looking for a small diamond cutting wheel with a cone or inverted
cone shape and a 60 degree edge angle. It should be similar in
appearance to this approx. 3/8" Dremel 7117 wheel:

http://www.toolsforless.com/product/4011.html

but I'm looking for one that will fit on a 3/32" mandrel instead of
being mounted on a 3/32" shank like the one in the picture is. This is
so that I can assemble a pair of them together to build a form cutter.

Does anyone:

1) Know the model of a commercially-available wheel that would fit the
bill or

2) Have an opinion on the feasability of taking a few 7117 diamond
cutting wheels to a precision machinist and having them replace the
shaft with a 3/32" hole?

Thanks!

-Boyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Look for an outfit called Congress Tools in Naugatuck CT, I bet they
have a source.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
MKnott

wrote:
Hi, all:

I am looking for a small diamond cutting wheel with a cone or inverted
cone shape and a 60 degree edge angle. It should be similar in
appearance to this approx. 3/8" Dremel 7117 wheel:

http://www.toolsforless.com/product/4011.html

but I'm looking for one that will fit on a 3/32" mandrel instead of
being mounted on a 3/32" shank like the one in the picture is. This is
so that I can assemble a pair of them together to build a form cutter.

Does anyone:

1) Know the model of a commercially-available wheel that would fit the
bill or

2) Have an opinion on the feasability of taking a few 7117 diamond
cutting wheels to a precision machinist and having them replace the
shaft with a 3/32" hole?

Thanks!

-Boyd

Boyd, you could try Lasco diamond products.They make tools for industry
as well as lapidary and hobbiest. I buy a lot of their odd shaped
diamond tools just like you are looking for. They may even make the
piece for you. http://www.lascodiamond.com/
Michael