Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Painting SS

What prep do I need to give 300 series stainless steel to make paint stick?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 00:01:27 GMT, "fred bruce"
wrote:

What prep do I need to give 300 series stainless steel to make paint stick?

You will need a 2 day fast, time in the sweat lodge and much prayer.

Maybe the gods will answer and it will stick..or they and it..wont.

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if
nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace
personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed,
the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of
defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see
police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line
of defense." --Walter Williams
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones

"" wrote:

What prep do I need to give 300 series stainless steel to make paint
stick?

Lots of knowlegable folk here. Many don't bother to reply to those that
post HTML to usenet. beside that, your post comes in with little bitty
letters as a result.

Scuff it, prime it, paint it.

Cheers
Trevor Jones
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Replogle

wrote:

What prep do I need to give 300 series stainless steel to make paint stick?

It's a sin to paint stainless.

Randy Replogle