Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Source for Springs required

Hello,

Trying to obtain some springs without success.
I have tried McMaster-Carr but they do not have the required type.

Anyone know where I could look.

First spring must be rectangular section wire.
Inside diameter 1 inch.
Wire to be 0.043 inch by 0.05 (or larger)
The 0.043 dimension to run the same direction as the spring.
12.7 (approx) turns per inch.
Spring Constant not important, compression spring

Next spring needs to be one foot long(approx).
Approx 2.7 turns per inch.
Spring constant about 0.337 pound per inch
This spring is a compression spring.

Cheers for any help.

Jack

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Ijames

Trying to obtain some springs without success.
I have tried McMaster-Carr but they do not have the required type.

Anyone know where I could look.

http://www.leespring.com/ and http://www.centuryspring.com/, for
starters. Bought from both and recommend them.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames carl.ijames at verizon.net

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Century has everygoddammspring ever made on earth.
And charges a goddamm fortune for each one.
Once you've bought from Century, you'll do like I do, and scavenge every
spring from every click pen you can get yer hands on.
Once you've bought from Century, you will stop yer car on a highway to
retrieve a spring in the middle of the road...
Excellent catalog--a spring bible, like a small g-d phone book.

Lee Spring, by me (in Brooklyn--until the day-trading yupsters kick'em
out.... to NJ), idn't much better pricewise, and their selection is not as
good, except in die springs, I think.
iirc, Dealers Electric (the VFD peeple) recently got their asses kicked out
of Brooklyn, to NJ.... The yupsters do need dey lofts... and $tar$uck$..

Century is having a sale, btw--25% off, 'til June or sumpn.
Which is sort of like goddammMacy's: their "sales" just bring the price to
near-normal.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll