Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stone

Default OT - Hydraulic Cylinder sources

Anyone know of a good source for two way hydraulic
cylinders.

I'm looking for smaller bore cylinders, and can't seem
to find anything smaller than 2 inch bore.

I need a 24 inch stroke, and as small a bore as possible.
Not much force required and I don't have much clearance length wise.

I'm looking for a company that has a well organized web
site that actually has their inventory and makes it possible
to find it.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"stone" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone know of a good source for two way hydraulic
cylinders.

I'm looking for smaller bore cylinders, and can't seem
to find anything smaller than 2 inch bore.

I need a 24 inch stroke, and as small a bore as possible.
Not much force required and I don't have much clearance length wise.

You say not much force is required. How much pressure will you run? If
it's under 200psi, many pneumatic cylinders may serve. They're not designed
for hydraulic use, but if you get a cylinder with a proper seal at the rod,
rather than a simple bushing, it'll work.

However, hydraulic cylinders are available in sizes down to 1/2". I don't
have the catalogs, because I do almost exclusively pneumatics here.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons

In article . com,
says...
Anyone know of a good source for two way hydraulic
cylinders.

I'm looking for smaller bore cylinders, and can't seem
to find anything smaller than 2 inch bore.

I need a 24 inch stroke, and as small a bore as possible.
Not much force required and I don't have much clearance length wise.

I'm looking for a company that has a well organized web
site that actually has their inventory and makes it possible
to find it.

Under 500 psi and inexpensive. Look for the 500 series in the Original
Line catalog:
http://www.bimba.com/products/products.htm

More options, higher pressures, and more money:
http://www.phdinc.com/

I'll leave it to you to rate the organization of the web sites. This
sort of cylinder is not inventoried, except in very common
configurations, and a small bore 24" stroke isn't common. Build to order
by Bimba usually takes just a few days, a bit longer for PHD last time I
dealt with them.

Ned Simmons