Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Default Does anyone know wha this collet is?

I found a few of these collets/arbors in a box they are very small and have
no markings.
http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/...let/collet.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend

I need a photo of the end. Is there a second piece that threads in left
handed? Two little detents for a spanner wrench?

If so, I'll them them all cheap before I tell you what they are. VBG

Karl

"wayne mak" wrote in message
I found a few of these collets/arbors in a box they are very small and have
no markings.
http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/...let/collet.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones

wayne mak wrote:

I found a few of these collets/arbors in a box they are very small and have
no markings.
http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/...let/collet.htm

Looks like a slitting saw or grindstone arbor for a watchmaking lathe,
probably, from the apparent size, 8 millimeter WW Pattern.

Most of the wacth lathe companies are pretty proud of their stuff, and
don't mind that the world knows who made it, so I'd guess that the likes
of Sherline or Taig would be likely suspects for the makers.

Cheers
Trevor Jones
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

It has 2 holes drilled for some sort of spanner. It mounts some kind of
cutter/grinding wheel, its a very smalll arbor. I have 3 of them
"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT wrote in
message nk.net...

"wayne mak" wrote in message
I found a few of these collets/arbors in a box they are very small and
have no markings.
http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/...let/collet.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew Mawson

"wayne mak" wrote in message
I found a few of these collets/arbors in a box they are very small

and have
no markings.
http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/...let/collet.htm

The Quorn Tool & Cutter grinder uses watchmakers 8mm collets in some
varients, and I suspect that is one used for mounting a wheel onto the
main spindle.

AWEM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend

I think its for a Monoset tool and cutter grinder.

What do you need for them.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Make an offer not looking to make money here, have anything small to trade?
"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT wrote in
message ink.net...
I think its for a Monoset tool and cutter grinder.

What do you need for them.

Karl

C5 collet same as 5C collet? [email protected] Metalworking 4 December 4th 05 03:29 AM
Jacobs Power Collet experience anyone? eganders Woodworking 7 October 20th 05 01:22 AM
problems w/ jacobs 900 series collet chuck, have questions - need answers Aribert Metalworking 2 August 3rd 04 12:04 PM
Router collet sizes Mike UK diy 6 March 31st 04 02:24 PM
Will 5C collet hold my work? Ed Metalworking 9 October 14th 03 06:03 AM