Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default OT- The Perfect Automatons

(from Google News rss feed http://news.google.com/)
March 04, 2006

The Perfect Automatons

Bob Newman

Listening to the high school teacher s indoctrination session, I was swept
back into the 1980s and in my mind s eye could see myself standing before
the huddled, dazed, half frozen students deep in the forested mountains of
Maine aboard the U.S. Navy s remote and secretive Redington Training
Facility. My uniform hat was adorned with a red and gold crest, in the
middle of which was the hammer and sickle of the Soviet Union. Thinking for
a moment at the time that I was a Marine Corps gunnery sergeant, I
considered how odd a job I had at the moment, playing the part of a
communist military officer.

I was giving an indoctrination speech at one of the four Department of
Defense Survival-Evasion-Resistance-Escape (SERE) schools, using classic
propaganda as a means by which I hoped to achieve my goal of convincing
some of the students that America was the aggressor in the Cold War and was
an evil nation that had committed a great deal of genocide and other forms
of hideous abuse on the poorer peoples of the world.

Returning to March 2006 and the comfortable confines of my library, I noted
how Jay Bennish, a supposed geography teacher at Overland High School in
Aurora, Colorado, was using precisely the same indoctrination techniques on
his students that I used nearly 20 years earlier, except I was teaching my
students how to recognize and defend against propaganda as a tool of
indoctrination, whereas Bennish was using the techniques to actually
indoctrinate his students. Speaking as if what he was saying were
undeniable facts, he accosted his students with demonstrable falsehoods,
half truths, misinformation, disinformation and a smattering of truth to
work over his mostly hapless charges.

But a noted difference was how I was feeling sorry for Bennish s students
and had not felt sorry for mine.

Why?

My students were in the practical application and testing phase of their
training. They had already been taught how to recognize indoctrination
techniques and were now expected to use those skills to defend themselves
against this insidious process, which American military men first
experienced as prisoners of war during the Korean War. And they were men,
not children.

Conversely, Bennish s students have not been trained to recognize the ruse
and have not been given tools and techniques to ward off the tactic.
Defenseless, most would be putty in the man s hands. And they are children
who tend to be naturally rebellious and believe anything their teacher says
because they are taught from Day One that the teacher is always right.
Perfect victims, in other words, which was what Bennish was counting on.

On the Gunny Bob Show, students at Overland High School and teachers there
and at other schools called in to say how such goings on are commonplace in
our schools. One teacher told of another teacher who attempts to
indoctrinate his 3rd grade class with leftist thought.

Sean Allen, the student in Bennish s world geography class who recorded the
anti-America rant, said on FOX News Channel that Bennish s class consists
of 20% geography and 80% Bennish s political opinions.

When I interviewed Cherry Creek School District public information officer
(PIO) Tustin Amole, she assured me that the schools monitor classrooms and
teachers to make sure they are teaching properly, sticking to the approved
syllabus and not abusing their students. But she also said, We can t fix
what we don t know is broken.

If the teachers were in fact being effectively monitored, the district
would have known what Bennish was up to. The reality of the situation is
that teachers are not being effectively monitored and now the district is
scrambling for cover.

The children are not to blame here because as such, most don t know any
better. Bennish, his alleged supervisors at Overland High School, and Dr.
Monte C. Moses, superintendent of Cherry Creek School District, are
responsible for this abusive outrage. Overland High school principal Jana
Frieler demonstrated reprehensible dereliction of duty in allowing Bennish
to get away with such disgusting behavior. Moses failed to make sure
Freiler was doing her job. The total lack of leadership demonstrated by
Moses and Freiler reveals two people in charge who couldn t lead a Marine
private to a free six-pack of beer.

And all the while, the children pay the price.

###

Bob Newman, a decorated, retired US Marine, is host of the Gunny Bob Show
on Newsradio 850 KOA in Denver, and host of Anger-Management Hour on 630
KHOW, also in Denver. A ground-combat veteran, he is the director of
international security & counterterrorism services for The GeoScope Group
and is the military science & terrorism columnist for The Denver Daily
News. He can be reached at .

bobnewman@clea rchannel.com

----------

-- http://www.opinioneditorials.comClick here for additional commentary
on politics, policy, pop culture and more. --

----------

This article is provided as an educational service of Frontiers of Freedom
(FOF). The ideas and opinions expressed
above do not necessarily reflect the thought or positions of FOF or its
officers, staff, or directors.

Email Address
First Name
Last Name
OpEds.com - "Quill Pen Ten"
The QPT is a weekly update of the 10 most-popular and often
most-controversial op-eds. It also contains important submission and
contest info.

Frontiers of Freedom - "Freedom Update"
The Freedom Update is brought to you by our parent organization, Frontiers
of Freedom. It is a periodic newsletter that announces exciting events,
exclusive conference calls for members, discusses important public policy
issues, and more.

http://www.opinioneditorials.comHome |
http://www.opinioneditorials.com/contributors.htmlFeatured Writers |
http://www.opinioneditorials.com/guestcontributors.htmlGuest Writers |
http://www.opinioneditorials.com/freedomwriters.shtmlFreedom Writers |
http://www.opinioneditorials.com/contact.htmlContact |
http://www.opinioneditorials.com/terms.htmlTerms |
http://www.opinioneditorials.com/faq.htmlFAQ |
http://www.opinioneditorials.com/submit.htmlSubmit

http://www.ff.org
http://www.ff.orgOpinionEditorials.com is brought to you by Frontiers of
Freedom

This site is provided as an educational service of Frontiers of Freedom
(FOF).

© 2002 - 2004 http://www.ff.orgFrontiers of Freedom | All rights reserved
| http://www.opinioneditorials.com/terms.htmlTerms and Conditions

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Abrasha

Gunner wrote:

Returning to March 2006 and the comfortable confines of my library, I noted
how Jay Bennish, a supposed geography teacher at Overland High School in
Aurora, Colorado, was using precisely the same indoctrination techniques on
his students that I used nearly 20 years earlier, except I was teaching my
students how to recognize and defend against propaganda as a tool of
indoctrination, whereas Bennish was using the techniques to actually
indoctrinate his students. Speaking as if what he was saying were
undeniable facts, he accosted his students with demonstrable falsehoods,
half truths, misinformation, disinformation and a smattering of truth to
work over his mostly hapless charges.

I am curious to know what in fact this teacher was telling his students. Give
us some facts Gunner, instead of your usual empty factless generalizations.

Was Mr. Newman actually present in the classroom or is his report based on
hearsay? If he was indeed present in the classroom, in what capacity was he there?

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com