Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default Obsolete Kohler plumbing fixtures

Does anyone have a source for new, but obsolete, Kohler plumbing faucets?
We're looking for a shower valve with Alterna handles, brushed chrome.

Thanks for any tips you may be able to provide.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roy

I doubt they have a website, but there is a place in town here that
probably has washers, seats and oem handles for the first ever made
faucets....Its incredible on the amount of old oddball stuff they
have. The store is nothing but stems, sleeves, cartridges, washers,
and handles, replacement spouts etc for kitchen and bath fixtures.Even
the two folks that work in there must have been here since the advent
of the faucet.

Its called Capitol Plumbing Supply, Montgomery, AL.

Its about the only store here that has old time roots as well as
stock.

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ed_h

I had some luck directly with Kohler in getting an Alterna valve body
and some other parts for my 20 year old shower faucets. A complete
fixture may be a lot harder.

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:
Does anyone have a source for new, but obsolete, Kohler plumbing faucets?
We're looking for a shower valve with Alterna handles, brushed chrome.

Thanks for any tips you may be able to provide.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob AZ

Harold

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/search.jsp

Bob AZ

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller

wrote:

Does anyone have a source for new, but obsolete, Kohler plumbing faucets?
We're looking for a shower valve with Alterna handles, brushed chrome.

Thanks for any tips you may be able to provide.

Harold

Hey Harold,

Mind you, it was as a walk-in customer, but these guys have a lot of
knowledge and have been helpful to me with "old stock" (not antiques)
in the past. They are good about suggesting alternatives or other
suppliers too.

Unfortunately, I don't live close enough anymore to just drop in and
ask for you, so here's the contact info.

Veterans Plumbing
276 Wyandotte St. E.
Windsor, Ontario.
N9A 3H4

1-519-256-4947

Windsor is due south of Detroit, and three hours ahead of you,
time-wise.

Good Luck.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

I dealt with these people 21 years ago and was fully satisfied.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada