Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin

Default Where Can I Get Rid of Aluminum in Dallas, TX Area?

Over the years, from taking surplus equipment apart or whatever, I've
accumulated about 300 lbs of aluminum. Most of this is in the form of
extrusions and 0.060" plate (basically heatsink material, and flat
stock that constituted housings for electronic equipment I salvaged).
I was sort of saving it with the thought of trying some backyard
casting, but I never seem to get around to it. Also, I've recently
come into a bunch more equipment that is going to yield a bunch more
aluminum, so a supply for future hobby uses is not an issue.

Anyway, I've had folks tell me numbers from 30 cents to 80 cents a
pound, plus all sorts of horror stories about experiences with scrap
dealers/buyers. There are too many of those guys in the yellow pages
for me to sort out.

If anyone on this group has personal experience with selling aluminum
in the Dallas area, and can recommend a dealer based on honesty and
good price, please respond.

thanks,

Martin