Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tbriggs

Default Hardinge DSM-59 turret problem

I have a Hardinge DSM-59. I have a drill chuck mounted in one of the
positions and had a center drill in the chuck. When I went to center
drill the stock the center drill was not in the center of the stock.
My question is: Where is the adjustment to correct this? It appears
that the turret rotates and when it stops it is off by a little bit.
Is there an adjustment for the angle?

Thanks!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
D Murphy

"tbriggs" wrote in news:1140745784.023379.126150
@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I have a Hardinge DSM-59. I have a drill chuck mounted in one of the
positions and had a center drill in the chuck. When I went to center
drill the stock the center drill was not in the center of the stock.
My question is: Where is the adjustment to correct this? It appears
that the turret rotates and when it stops it is off by a little bit.
Is there an adjustment for the angle?

They sell adjustable centerline drill holders for the turret. Hardinge used
to sell a test bar for set-up. IIRC, it was 1” diaameter with a flat milled
to center on one end and either a 5/8” or 1/2” diameter on the other. You
could “float” the adjustable holder onto the end and lock it down. You used
the other end that was milled to center for setting tool center height.

--

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On 23 Feb 2006 17:49:44 -0800, "tbriggs"
wrote:

I have a Hardinge DSM-59. I have a drill chuck mounted in one of the
positions and had a center drill in the chuck. When I went to center
drill the stock the center drill was not in the center of the stock.
My question is: Where is the adjustment to correct this? It appears
that the turret rotates and when it stops it is off by a little bit.
Is there an adjustment for the angle?

Thanks!

Pull the turret, and check that the locking dog is engaging fully and
that the dog positions are not beat to ****, or filled with mange.
Pull the plate just behind the turret.(and lift the rear of the plat
to get it out from under the turret (you may have to pull the turret.

Its pretty easy to do and only takes about 10 minutes. there is NO
centering adjustment.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3