Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
sandiapaul

Default Advice needed wet basement

OK guys, here is the story. I found a lovely Swedish botanist,
proposed, and now at 43 I'm getting married. We found a great house,
well nearly great. The original part of the house is from 1820 and
it's basement has water seepage into the new (15 year old) walkout 21
x 24 basement. The owner put a trench(french drain) around the
perimeter of the newer slab and a sump pump to get rid of the water.
By close inspection the new part does not seem to have seen any water
on the floor, but the trench certainly has. Don't try to talk my out
of the place that isn't going to happen...What can I do to minimize
the rust effects on my machines and tools down there? De-humidifiers,
heat, ventilation...whatever you have tried and works.

Thanks to all!

Paul