Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill

Default RPC and electric motor gurus

Ive got a southbend Fourteen lathe. It has the variable speed pulleys
that go to a two speed transmission.

It has a 200 volt 3phase baldor motor. Baldor say that it is rated
for +- 10% on voltage.

I am using a 5 hp idler with no caps running off of 220

If I try to start the motor in high the motor starter on the lathe
chatters before it finally stays engaged. Low speed starts fine.

But the motor gets hot after about 10 minutes of running( you cane
keep your hand on it for about 10 seconds before it gets
uncomfortable)

any recommendations of what I should do.

Thanks
Bill