Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pogo

Default metal cutoff saw blade is slightly canted - can adjust it ?

I just got a used abrasive cutoff saw from eBay. Works great except for one
small flaw - the blade seems to be slightly canted so I don't get a
perfectly square cut. I removed the blade and laid it flat on a level floor
so I think the blade itself is ok. There also seems to be a small amount of
wobble in it.

I plan on using it mostly for cutting small 1 inch square aluminum
extrusions such as 80-20 brand.

I was just wondering if there is a way to adjust this offset at all? This is
a cheap saw, as seen he http://www.waycoolgear.com/ebay/cutoffsaw2.jpg

The label only the motor says "Chicago Electric".

Thanks for any help!