Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hi, I'm Marie.

Hi, I'm Marie, and I'm surfing Google groups because I know that the
people who join them will be interested in visiting my website, and
there's really no other way they would hear about it.

I am a Canadian writer and I have a website with some written works,
news feeds, biographical information and various other things I think
are just neat.

Please visit me: http://www.mariealighieri.com

Thanks, Marie.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer

--Ah. Another writer who doesn't do proper research before
publishing. There's a future for you in journalism.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : I can make damn near anything
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : ...except money, sigh.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

So, you think these groups belong to Google?

This is probably an attempt by the DOJ to track the Google searches
people do. They assume metalworkers won't see through their poor
attempts to lure us to one of their fake web sites!

Paul

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Yeah, at the NY Post. No research+fantasy+political assassinations....
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

"steamer" wrote in message
--Ah. Another writer who doesn't do proper research before
publishing. There's a future for you in journalism.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : I can make damn near anything
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : ...except money, sigh.
http://www.nmpproducts.com/intro.htm
---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Are you talking about my article about the canadian election? Because
I did research all of the physiognomy before writing that...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Oh, woops. I searched for literature groups. I guess I was a bit
hasty (not looking at the other posts).

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

wrote in message
oups.com...
Oh, woops. I searched for literature groups. I guess I was a bit
hasty (not looking at the other posts).

Unless you're prepared to do a post-structuralist exegesis of _How to Run A
Lathe_, you're in the wrong group. We don't go for positivist apologia of
metalworking literature.

And we aren't kidding. Ever.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Byrns

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:22:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Oh, woops. I searched for literature groups. I guess I was a bit
hasty (not looking at the other posts).

Unless you're prepared to do a post-structuralist exegesis of _How to Run A
Lathe_, you're in the wrong group. We don't go for positivist apologia of
metalworking literature.

And we aren't kidding. Ever.

Geez, Ed. Those big words are going to give her a headache.

-Carl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew VK3BFA

Carl Byrns wrote:
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:22:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Oh, woops. I searched for literature groups. I guess I was a bit
hasty (not looking at the other posts).

Unless you're prepared to do a post-structuralist exegesis of _How to Run A
Lathe_, you're in the wrong group. We don't go for positivist apologia of
metalworking literature.

And we aren't kidding. Ever.

Geez, Ed. Those big words are going to give her a headache.

-Carl

And can you translate them for the rest of us.......

Andrew VK3BFA. (not a Phd - dont know everything about everything)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:22:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Oh, woops. I searched for literature groups. I guess I was a bit
hasty (not looking at the other posts).

Unless you're prepared to do a post-structuralist exegesis of _How to Run

Lathe_, you're in the wrong group. We don't go for positivist apologia of
metalworking literature.

And we aren't kidding. Ever.

Geez, Ed. Those big words are going to give her a headache.

-Carl

Her? What about me? I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out if
he was nice to her, or not.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:22:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Oh, woops. I searched for literature groups. I guess I was a bit
hasty (not looking at the other posts).

Unless you're prepared to do a post-structuralist exegesis of _How to Run

Lathe_, you're in the wrong group. We don't go for positivist apologia of
metalworking literature.

And we aren't kidding. Ever.

Geez, Ed. Those big words are going to give her a headache.

-Carl

She's doing literature. She'll love 'em.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On 3 Feb 2006 09:19:37 -0800, wrote:

Hi, I'm Marie, and I'm surfing Google groups because I know that the
people who join them will be interested in visiting my website, and
there's really no other way they would hear about it.

I am a Canadian writer and I have a website with some written works,
news feeds, biographical information and various other things I think
are just neat.

Please visit me:
http://www.mariealighieri.com

Thanks, Marie.

Got any naked pictures of yourself?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 02:23:13 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
Geez, Ed. Those big words are going to give her a headache.

She's doing literature. She'll love 'em.

She also mistook "rec.crafts.metalworking" for "literature" over on
Google, so big headaches might be a definite factor in her future.
Two Points to ya, BTW.

I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.
http://www.diversify.com Refreshing Graphic Design
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Byrns

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 02:23:13 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:22:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Oh, woops. I searched for literature groups. I guess I was a bit
hasty (not looking at the other posts).

Unless you're prepared to do a post-structuralist exegesis of _How to Run

Lathe_, you're in the wrong group. We don't go for positivist apologia of
metalworking literature.

And we aren't kidding. Ever.

Geez, Ed. Those big words are going to give her a headache.

-Carl

She's doing literature. She'll love 'em.

"Doing" literature? I didn't know you were fluent in Valley Girl. g

-Carl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Andrew VK3BFA" wrote in message
oups.com...

Carl Byrns wrote:
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:22:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Oh, woops. I searched for literature groups. I guess I was a bit
hasty (not looking at the other posts).

Unless you're prepared to do a post-structuralist exegesis of _How to

Run A
Lathe_, you're in the wrong group. We don't go for positivist apologia

of
metalworking literature.

And we aren't kidding. Ever.

Geez, Ed. Those big words are going to give her a headache.

-Carl

And can you translate them for the rest of us.......

Andrew VK3BFA. (not a Phd - dont know everything about everything)

I'd suggest Google searching, or at least an online dictionary, but that
would be cruel and unusual. g The concepts behind those words can send you
into the deepest pits of French literary theory, where the wreckage of
otherwise smart people is piled up like cars at the cul-de-sac of a one-way,
dead-end street. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:22:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Oh, woops. I searched for literature groups. I guess I was a bit
hasty (not looking at the other posts).

Unless you're prepared to do a post-structuralist exegesis of _How to

Run
Lathe_, you're in the wrong group. We don't go for positivist apologia

of
metalworking literature.

And we aren't kidding. Ever.

Geez, Ed. Those big words are going to give her a headache.

-Carl

Her? What about me? I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out if
he was nice to her, or not.

Harold

Not to worry. Of all the things in this world that are not worth anyone's
waste of time, the subjects I was referring to in my wisecrack are at the
top of the list. g

Post-modernist literary critique is for people with a lot of time on their
hands and nowhere to go. Think of it as the opposite culture from the one we
have here.

I gave Marie a gentle tweak. If she follows it, she'll realize it was a
joke.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 02:23:13 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:22:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Oh, woops. I searched for literature groups. I guess I was a bit
hasty (not looking at the other posts).

Unless you're prepared to do a post-structuralist exegesis of _How to

Run
Lathe_, you're in the wrong group. We don't go for positivist apologia

of
metalworking literature.

And we aren't kidding. Ever.

Geez, Ed. Those big words are going to give her a headache.

-Carl

She's doing literature. She'll love 'em.

"Doing" literature? I didn't know you were fluent in Valley Girl. g

I can do Suthren, too, and I'm working on Redneck, but I keep running out of
spit. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message
On 3 Feb 2006 09:19:37 -0800, wrote:

Hi, I'm Marie, and I'm surfing Google groups because I know that the
people who join them will be interested in visiting my website, and
there's really no other way they would hear about it.

I am a Canadian writer and I have a website with some written works,
news feeds, biographical information and various other things I think
are just neat.

Please visit me:
http://www.mariealighieri.com

Thanks, Marie.

Got any naked pictures of yourself?

Gunner

Now Marie has been introduced to the entire Welcoming Committee. Think
she'll stay? d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer

--No, I'm talking about the fact that you didn't "research" the
subject matter in this newsgroup. Idiot.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Whatever happened
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Pasquale Gumbo?
http://www.nmpproducts.com/intro.htm
---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 12:31:22 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
.. .

I can do Suthren, too, and I'm working on Redneck, but I keep running out

of
spit. g

I can't do either but that may be because I have all of my teeth. g

Ooh, they're going to try to make you pay for that one. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Husvar

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 02:23:13 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:22:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Oh, woops. I searched for literature groups. I guess I was a bit
hasty (not looking at the other posts).

Unless you're prepared to do a post-structuralist exegesis of _How to

Run
Lathe_, you're in the wrong group. We don't go for positivist apologia

of
metalworking literature.

And we aren't kidding. Ever.

Geez, Ed. Those big words are going to give her a headache.

-Carl

She's doing literature. She'll love 'em.

"Doing" literature? I didn't know you were fluent in Valley Girl. g

I can do Suthren, too, and I'm working on Redneck, but I keep running out of
spit. g

--
Ed Huntress

Dayamit, Eyud! Iyut's Spiiyut! Whar yu beeyun dun yer resayurch,
anyhayow!?!?

Cain't be reyudnek nohows, noways sayun thayungs lak thayut! Spit,
indeeyud! Not 'nough sayallablies!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Husvar

Carl Byrns wrote:
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:22:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

Right next to the Postmodernist Deconstructionist Ph.D.s' Graveyard,
'cross the street from the elephant one.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Wait

"Ed Huntress" wrote

Unless you're prepared to do a post-structuralist exegesis of _How to Run

Lathe_, you're in the wrong group. We don't go for positivist apologia of
metalworking literature.

And we aren't kidding. Ever.

Gee, Ed you were a little rough on her, I think, let me read that again.....
I know I can get it. HONEY, where's the Websters Unabridged.
Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Marie informs me that her posting to this forum was accidental...She
was looking to contact literary groups mainly....Although her poetry
does sometimes delve into the effects of a lathe on the human
psyche....Also she has several Diatribes about the social and economic
ramifications that the working of metal has on modern culture......

It can be noted that Marie is even a member of the Steel Workers Union
(Although in a branch that has little or nothing to do with steel.)

Sorry about the mistake....

Ben (Admin mariealighieri.com)

Tom Wait wrote:
"Gunner" wrote in message
On 3 Feb 2006 09:19:37 -0800, wrote:

Hi, I'm Marie, and I'm surfing Google groups because I know that the
people who join them will be interested in visiting my website, and
there's really no other way they would hear about it.

I am a Canadian writer and I have a website with some written works,
news feeds, biographical information and various other things I think
are just neat.

Please visit me:
http://www.mariealighieri.com

Thanks, Marie.

Got any naked pictures of yourself?

Gunner

Damn good, Gunner.
Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

wrote in message
oups.com...
Marie informs me that her posting to this forum was accidental...She
was looking to contact literary groups mainly....Although her poetry
does sometimes delve into the effects of a lathe on the human
psyche....

We all could use some of that. Most of us here have lathes, and we're always
curious about their effects on our psyches. They tend to make us want to
build steam engines or wildcat rifles, etc., and we don't know why.

Also she has several Diatribes about the social and economic
ramifications that the working of metal has on modern culture......

'Got any links? g

It can be noted that Marie is even a member of the Steel Workers Union
(Although in a branch that has little or nothing to do with steel.)

Sorry about the mistake....

Ben (Admin mariealighieri.com)

Tell her we enjoyed poking fun at her mistake. And, if she wants to tell us
about our psyches, we're all ears. In fact, that's one of the stranger
things about us -- big ears.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Tom Wait" wrote in message
. com...

"Ed Huntress" wrote

Unless you're prepared to do a post-structuralist exegesis of _How to

Run
Lathe_, you're in the wrong group. We don't go for positivist apologia

of
metalworking literature.

And we aren't kidding. Ever.

Gee, Ed you were a little rough on her, I think, let me read that

again.....
I know I can get it. HONEY, where's the Websters Unabridged.

Don't give in to the temptation. That way lies madness.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"John Husvar" wrote in message

Carl Byrns wrote:
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:22:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

They're a big crack-up, all right.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 02:23:13 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:22:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

I tried a tractor-pull but there were too many farmers. I got it all mixed
up. So I went to see a NASCAR race and then on to the Monster Trucks. Then I
went to a wet T-shirt contest.

Before I left, I had to be treated for dehydration.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Quackenbush

Ed Huntress wrote:
snip
I gave Marie a gentle tweak. [...]

Jeez, Ed, that could appear incriminating if someone were to take it
out of context. Not that anyone would.

You're really on a roll in this thread. Maybe you should invite
Marie to stick around. It'd take some of the pressure off Gunner and
maybe some a that there culture would rub off on the rest of us.

R,
Tom Q.

--
Remove bogusinfo to reply.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

"Tom Quackenbush" wrote in message
snip-----and
maybe some a that there culture would rub off on the rest of us.

R,
Tom Q.

You're kidding, right, Tom? g

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Quackenbush

bencoe wrote:
snip
It can be noted that Marie is even a member of the Steel Workers Union
(Although in a branch that has little or nothing to do with steel.)

snip

Well, that sounds intriguing.

What branch would that be?

R,
Tom Q.

--
Remove bogusinfo to reply.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Quackenbush

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:
Tom Quackenbush wrote:
snip-----and
maybe some a that there culture would rub off on the rest of us.

You're kidding, right, Tom? g

Heck no, I'm not kidding. Some a youse guys could stand a dose. I'm
immune, though.

R,
Tom Q.

--
Remove bogusinfo to reply.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ken Sterling

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 12:31:22 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
.. .

I can do Suthren, too, and I'm working on Redneck, but I keep running out

of
spit. g

I can't do either but that may be because I have all of my teeth. g

Ooh, they're going to try to make you pay for that one. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

And just *why* do you think they call it a *tooth*brush??? (as opposed
to *teeth*brush).
Ken.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Byrns

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 17:33:16 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

I tried a tractor-pull but there were too many farmers. I got it all mixed
up. So I went to see a NASCAR race and then on to the Monster Trucks. Then I
went to a wet T-shirt contest.

Tractor pull, NASCAR, Monster Trucks... all pretty much the same
thing. The crowd is there for the crashes.

You can always find a wet T-shirt contest going on in the stands of
such motorsport events.

-Carl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
gfulton

news
wrote:

I tried a tractor-pull but there were too many farmers. I got it all mixed
up. So I went to see a NASCAR race and then on to the Monster Trucks. Then
went to a wet T-shirt contest.

Tractor pull, NASCAR, Monster Trucks... all pretty much the same
thing. The crowd is there for the crashes.

You can always find a wet T-shirt contest going on in the stands of
such motorsport events.

-Carl

I must be a redneck, as I enjoy tractor pulls. For the pure gearhead joy
of the unlimiteds. Never yet seen a crash at a tractor pull, though.

Garrett Fulton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress wrote:
snip
I gave Marie a gentle tweak. [...]

Jeez, Ed, that could appear incriminating if someone were to take it
out of context. Not that anyone would.

You're really on a roll in this thread. Maybe you should invite
Marie to stick around. It'd take some of the pressure off Gunner and
maybe some a that there culture would rub off on the rest of us.

Well, the culture part is easy. When someone does a deconstruction or other
post-modernist critique of literature, you can count on their concluduing
two things: First, the author did not say what he thinks he said. Second, if
the author is a white male, the true meaning of the writing involves
suppression of minorities and/or women.

It's easy if you keep those two things in mind.

--
Ed Huntress