Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ALex

Default Bonney, Wilde, Diamond, Facom

Check out www.harryepstein.com to find these tools. They have
everything and say that they deal in American Made Tools

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

The finish on the Bonney wrenches I've seen is extraordinary. Seems to be a
rare brand, tho--this is the first reference to them I've seen.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"ALex" wrote in message
oups.com...
Check out www.harryepstein.com to find these tools. They have
everything and say that they deal in American Made Tools

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP*

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
The finish on the Bonney wrenches I've seen is extraordinary. Seems to be
a rare brand, tho--this is the first reference to them I've seen.

I thought Bonney had gone out of business- maybe someone resurrected the
name?

--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"ALex" wrote in message
oups.com...
Check out www.harryepstein.com to find these tools. They have
everything and say that they deal in American Made Tools

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roy

I havew a 3/8 as well as a 1/2" drive socket set from Bonny as well as
a set of combination wrenches and a set of tubeing nut wrneches (semi
box end/w box end) thats been in unse form better than 35 years and
they still feel great and work fine.....Bonney tools were a high end
tool many many years ago. I have quite a few Wilde piers, and they
work fine and have not shown any wear, and the Diamond Foprd wrenches
are a mainstay in all my tool boxes.

On 2 Feb 2006 18:02:40 -0800, "ALex" wrote:
Check out www.harryepstein.com to find these tools. They have
everything and say that they deal in American Made Tools

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
gfulton

"ALex" wrote in message
oups.com...
Check out www.harryepstein.com to find these tools. They have
everything and say that they deal in American Made Tools

Thanks for posting the link, Alex. I know what I can get both my boys for
their birthdays now. A set of Bonney wrenches. If you look in an airline
mechanic's toolbox and see Bonney's, you've come across a technician with
impeccable taste in hand tools. I've always considered them the benchmark
for all other wrenches. Nothing better. They're out of business now, and
more's the pity.

Garrett

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

I thought Williams was "the benchmark". But not as pretty as Bonney or
Armstrong.
I personally like Armstrong, as well--another great finish, an "artful" body
on their wrenches.

The last Bonney I saw was in a guy's shop, and his kid misplaced it. The
fellow was absolutely beside himself, almost closed the shop! Eventually it
turned up.

Of course, my only complete sets are goddamm craftsman, with hodge-podge's
of other names.
I'd be happy w/ *one* 3/4" Bonney!
--
Mr. P.V.'d