Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hobbit

Default Need help finding a supplier...

I am trying to find a supplier who can supply 316L stainless in the
following sizes:

(1) Rod: 11.5mm diameter / Length Length 270mm
(1) Tube: 14.5mm diameter / 1.5mm Wall Thickness / Length 265mm

(1) Tube: 16 cm diameter / 5mm Wall Thickness / Length 275mm
(1) Plate: 500 Length / 170mm Width / 5mm Thickness

Can anyone recommend someplace?

Preferably local to Phoenix, but I will go national if I have to.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington

You might look at Schoeller Bleckmann
http://www.sber.at/en/products/production/ for information on what tube
sizes they produce.

The tube sizes you want aren't listed in their list
http://www.sber.at/download/products...pipestubes.pdf but they have
ones near.

The company does have a US website but I found it a waste of space
regarding any tech details.

Sandvik also produce stainless tube.

Hobbit wrote:

I am trying to find a supplier who can supply 316L stainless in the
following sizes:

(1) Rod: 11.5mm diameter / Length Length 270mm
(1) Tube: 14.5mm diameter / 1.5mm Wall Thickness / Length 265mm

(1) Tube: 16 cm diameter / 5mm Wall Thickness / Length 275mm
(1) Plate: 500 Length / 170mm Width / 5mm Thickness

Can anyone recommend someplace?

Preferably local to Phoenix, but I will go national if I have to.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hobbit:

The general process for design is to first establish the standard sizes
of the material, bearings, fasteners, tubes, pipes, hoses, motors,
gears, gear boxes, etc. etc. that you are likely to need.

This will make your design much less costly and time consuming to
implement.

Only if standard or preferred size will absolutely not suffice should
custom sizes be considered. Even here it is preferrable to modify
standard-sized components.

This is particularly important for items such as tubing, piping,
ball/roller bearings, bar stock, gears, etc.

I would first review my design to ensure that the above conditions have
been met.

Hobbit wrote:
I am trying to find a supplier who can supply 316L stainless in the
following sizes:

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hobbit

Where does one go to find a list of standard sizes?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

http://www.trent-tube.com/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Charles Spitzer

"Hobbit" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to find a supplier who can supply 316L stainless in the
following sizes:

(1) Rod: 11.5mm diameter / Length Length 270mm
(1) Tube: 14.5mm diameter / 1.5mm Wall Thickness / Length 265mm

(1) Tube: 16 cm diameter / 5mm Wall Thickness / Length 275mm
(1) Plate: 500 Length / 170mm Width / 5mm Thickness

Can anyone recommend someplace?

Preferably local to Phoenix, but I will go national if I have to.

Thanks.

have you tried capital metals? they're down the street from diablo stadium
in tempe.

regards,
charlie
http://glassartists.org/chaniarts