Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need help finding a supplier...

Hobbit:

The general process for design is to first establish the standard sizes
of the material, bearings, fasteners, tubes, pipes, hoses, motors,
gears, gear boxes, etc. etc. that you are likely to need.

This will make your design much less costly and time consuming to
implement.

Only if standard or preferred size will absolutely not suffice should
custom sizes be considered. Even here it is preferrable to modify
standard-sized components.

This is particularly important for items such as tubing, piping,
ball/roller bearings, bar stock, gears, etc.

I would first review my design to ensure that the above conditions have
been met.

Hobbit wrote:
I am trying to find a supplier who can supply 316L stainless in the
following sizes: