Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco

Default Drill Doctor Problem, update

Thanks to Bob Engelhardt, I googled "Darex Drill Dcotor" this morning.
The company is now "Professional Tool Manufacturing".
I called there 800-597-6170 number and got a real human being right
away. They told me they have made some design changes and one of them
is a change in chuck camming. Even though I've had my machine for a
number of years (hadn't ever used it until a couple of days ago, they
are sending me new chucks for free.
Thanks again to all those who commented to me on this. I have to
agree that, once I figured out the negative rake problem, the flutes
sure were nicely centered.

Pete Stanaitis
-------------------------------------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wiz

Pete,
What model Drill Doctor do you have?
Any idea how one can tell if the ones in the store are the new, improved
chuck or old stock?

thanks,
Wiz

"spaco" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks to Bob Engelhardt, I googled "Darex Drill Dcotor" this morning. The
company is now "Professional Tool Manufacturing".
I called there 800-597-6170 number and got a real human being right
away. They told me they have made some design changes and one of them is
a change in chuck camming. Even though I've had my machine for a number
of years (hadn't ever used it until a couple of days ago, they are sending
me new chucks for free.
Thanks again to all those who commented to me on this. I have to agree
that, once I figured out the negative rake problem, the flutes sure were
nicely centered.

Pete Stanaitis
-------------------------------------

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco

My machine is a DD750SP. I don't know how to tell about ones in stores.
But the lady at the company did ask me if the power switch was a slide
switch or a rocker switch. I said "rocker" and she said "good".

Pete Stanaitis

Wiz wrote:
Pete,
What model Drill Doctor do you have?
Any idea how one can tell if the ones in the store are the new, improved
chuck or old stock?

thanks,
Wiz

.. .