Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Carpeting yer Shop?

Awl--

Ever thought of carpeting yer shop? Sounds silly?
Just recently did it, can't rave enough about it!

It was always in the back of my mind, mostly from a sound-proofing POV, but
the wife absolutely forbade used carpet (pita germophobe, donchaknow), until
I found a load of 3 ft wide rolls in the dumpster of a carpet place, which
just happens to be across the lot from my primary tool supplier. dragged'em
home-- yay, pickup truck!
AND, of course, free!
And, near-zero-installation hassle, if you keep it strictly utilitarian--no
padding, stuff like that. Altho you certainly could...

The key is to get remnants at the City Dump, or, from the dumpster of a
carpet place.
The carpet I've seen being discarded at the local dump always seemed
shop-worthy to me.
Slit the carpet to suitable widths/strips, lay'em out, and Voila!
*Instant soundproofing*!!!! Big-time... Not to mention thermal insulation.
And, great for the feet/back, and overall comfort/ergonometry of a shop...
And, GREAT for dropped carbide endmills/micrometers/calipers/ball
bearings/small springs/finished parts, etc.--great great great.....
Did I mention free??

The only caveats might be 1. maintenance and 2. moisture.
Maintenance is not bad--you gotta vacuum instead of sweep. Uunless you find
the thin commercial, but I recommend the thickest goddamm pile possible)
If they get unbearably greasy/crappy, just discard--it was free! Because you
will likely be installing in pieces, you can also discard in pieces.

Moisture can be a problem, such as leaking soluble oil, etc. Again, not
such a big deal, altho you don't want to create mildew/mold--just be aware
of those areas.
Oh yeah, and peeing cats... and tobacco-chewers.... which is worse??
goodgawd...

I think this is viable for both commercial and home shops. You can even
hang the carpet on walls for additional soundproofing, or tacked on
2x2's/1x3's as machine partitions.

Again, doesn't seem like an important deal, until you've done it. Really
makes a big diff.

Did I mention free??
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
DaveB

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:19:31 -0500, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

[...]

In a machine shop carpet or any similar materials present a great fire
hazard,

Any mist (oil) will create residue on these surface and any type of
arc will set it off.

While working for Hardinge (service) we had a new machine leaking
coolant and had riggers lift the machine onto blocks so we could
inspect it.

I hired a welder from the biz next door and after welding he was
dressing the weld with an angle grinder and the walls ignited.

This was a shop using cutting oil over quite a few years and the
damage to the shop was pretty bad. The sprinklers went off and of
course everything in the shop was damaged by water.

I spent the next few days drying collets and coating with WD40 and
helping clean up.

As the fire dept. was cleaning up the owner put his arm over my
shoulder and said "Dont feel to bad , maybe this is a good time to
retire".

If you need sound proofing do it with flame retardant material, , but
if you dont mind burning the place to the ground and collect insurance
carpet is good.

Regards

Daveb
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

wrote:

I recommend the thickest goddamm pile possible

Picking the flaming chips out of it may be interesting.
OTOH The cutting fluid flood might fireproof it a bit.
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

wrote:

Because you
will likely be installing in pieces, you can also discard in pieces.

Dont trip over the curled edges.
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

wrote:

You can even
hang the carpet on walls for additional soundproofing, or tacked on
2x2's/1x3's as machine partitions.

Check fire ratings & local codes.
--
Cliff

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

wrote:

[...]

Food fer thought, indeed.
Did this shop have carpeting on the walls?
Funny that the grinding did it, and not the welding!

Soluble-oil based shops I guess are safer, then, in this regard.
Also speaks to perhaps visiting the City Dump once or twice a year!!

I'm sure carpet is now flame retardent, at least some of it must be.
How does one test for flame retardency? Just put a piece of mat'l in a
flame?
Should it not burn at all, or just very slowly?

Appreciate the heads-up, tho.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

If you need sound proofing do it with flame retardant material, , but
if you dont mind burning the place to the ground and collect insurance
carpet is good.

Regards

Daveb

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
DaveB

wrote:

[...]

Actually they had flame proof insulation, installed in sheets between
the studs but the wall was open and over the years enough oil mist
collected on them.

It took about 5 minutes max untill the whole building was on fire, it
was really crazy

If you need sound proofing do it with flame retardant material, , but
if you dont mind burning the place to the ground and collect insurance
carpet is good.

Regards

Daveb

Daveb
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Anthony

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in
:

Did I mention free??
--

Ok...time to take bets on how long it is before PV posts about some 4" 4140
Razor Curl chip imbedded in his foot?

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
JR North

I use 3 3X6 carpet mats in my shop in front of the bench. Insulates the
feet from cold floor, provides good fire hazard when welding or grinding
nearby. Also, when properly 'seasoned' with chips of various pedigree,
will cause that shiny little part that just popped out of the gizmo you
were disassembling on the bench, to disappear so completely that
recovery is unlikely.
They must be vacuumed with a good shop vac, and cannot be swept. They
trap alot of grinding dust, etc both in and under them, and thus make
cleanup easier.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

[...]

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hugh Prescott

One small caution

carpet hung vertically on walls has a totally different burn charairstic
than carpet on a floor.

Hugh

[...]

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking

JR North wrote:
I use 3 3X6 carpet mats in my shop in front of the bench. Insulates the
feet from cold floor, provides good fire hazard when welding or grinding
nearby.

I have been lucky enough to have a neighbor who does commercial and
industrial flooring. He just dumped off a MONSTER roll of this 3/8"
thick solid rubber that was going to be tossed. Its 6' wide. He said
they often have this stuff left over from when they do gyms and weight
rooms. Awesome stuff. I hate to see the price per square foot.

Last time he dropped off a big roll of a nonslip flooring they put in
showers. I took a fresh stanley blade and cut exactly 5 inches and it
was done cutting. he said they heat it with strip heaters in order to
cut it.

I dont have enough to do a floor yet, but I cut a chunk of that 3/8"
for the benchtop.
Another friend knows the guys who haul these huge paper rollers in temp
controlled tarped flatbeds with sides. He gets some really nice 1/8"
rubber that they put on the floor of every truck hauling one. 8'+ wide,
45' long. After the run, out it comes and if no one takes it, it gets
trashed. Also nice on top of the bench.....

Grummy

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

You lucky dawg! Nuthin better than rubber!! And *so many* uses!
And, indeed, expensive beyond belief, generally.
Great idea for a source, too.
They make a razor-style sabre-saw blade, that proly would be helpful in
cutting this.
Mebbe a fine-tooth carbide circ. saw blade, as well.

Altho, I imagine, once a rubber floor catches fire....
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
wrote in message
oups.com...

JR North wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Not likely--
My furry bunny slippers have tire-tread soles--ahm no foo'....

--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Anthony" wrote in message
"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in
:

Did I mention free??
--

Ok...time to take bets on how long it is before PV posts about some 4"
4140
Razor Curl chip imbedded in his foot?

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Philion

Snip

I can just hear the insurce agent and investigator on this one

"The FIREPROOFING made the shop burn down?"

I assume the guy who was considering retiring got his claim

Actually they had flame proof insulation, installed in sheets between
the studs but the wall was open and over the years enough oil mist
collected on them.

It took about 5 minutes max untill the whole building was on fire, it
was really crazy

Daveb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

wrote:

[...]

I sure hope you never use any flammable lubricants,solvents or strong
oxydizing acids in your shop, or do any grinding, welding,
brazing, abrasive cutting or toss a smoking chip from lathe or
mill. There is no way I would carpet my shop free or if paid to do
it. Yikes!

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

wrote:

Soluble-oil based shops I guess are safer, then, in this regard.

They sort of dry out to leave oils ..... right?
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

wrote:

I'm sure carpet is now flame retardent, at least some of it must be.
How does one test for flame retardency?

Call the carpet shop g.
And clean carpet is one thing, oil-soaked (or lightly oiled)
another.

Did you know that if it's hanging it can burn from both sides
and the flames rise?
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 02:11:30 GMT, Anthony
wrote:

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in
:

Did I mention free??

Ok...time to take bets on how long it is before PV posts about some 4" 4140
Razor Curl chip imbedded in his foot?

I used to have one smallish nightmare .... barefoot in the shop ....
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:37:51 -0500, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

You lucky dawg! Nuthin better than rubber!! And *so many* uses!
And, indeed, expensive beyond belief, generally.
Great idea for a source, too.
They make a razor-style sabre-saw blade, that proly would be helpful in
cutting this.
Mebbe a fine-tooth carbide circ. saw blade, as well.

Actually..your basic kitchen electric carving knife works pretty good.
Id suggest picking on up from the Salvation Army etc...as momma may
use hers on you, if she catches you cutting foam, rubber etc with the
one from the kitchen.

Altho, I imagine, once a rubber floor catches fire....

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her tits"
John Griffin
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:12:30 -0500, Brent Philion
wrote:

I can just hear the insurce agent and investigator on this one

[
"But," continued Mr. Clemens, "to get back to Fulton; I'm going along
like an old man I used to know, who used to start to tell a story
about his grandfather. He had an awfully retentive memory, and he
never finished the story, because he switched off into something else.
He used to tell about how his grandfather one day went into a pasture,
where there was a ram. The old man dropped a silver dime in the grass,
and stooped over to pick it up. The ram was observing him, and took
the old man's action as an invitation. Just as he was going to finish
about the ram this friend of mine would recall that his grandfather
had a niece who had a glass eye. She used to loan that glass eye to
another lady friend, who used it when she received company. The eye
didn't fit the friend's face, and it was loose. And whenever she
winked it would turn over.

"Then he got on the subject of accidents, and he would tell a story
about how he believed accidents never happened.

"There was an Irishman coming down a ladder with a hod of bricks," he
said, "and a Dutchman was standing on the ground below. The Irishman
fell on the Dutchman and killed him. Accident? Never! If the Dutchman
hadn't been there the Irishman would have been killed. Why didn't the
Irishman fall on a dog which was next to the Dutchman? Because the dog
would have seen him coming. Then he'd get off from the Dutchman to an
uncle named Reginald Wilson. Reginald went into a carpet factory one
day, and got twisted into the machinery's belt. He went excursioning
around the factory until he was properly distributed and was woven
into sixty-nine yards of the best three-ply carpet. His wife bought
the carpet, and then she erected a monument to his memory. It read:

"Sacred to the memory of sixty-nine yards of the best three-ply
carpet, containing the mortal remainders of REGINALD WILSON. Go thou
and do likewise
] - Mark Twain

[
Accidents don’t happen, boys. Uncle Lem’s dog–I wish you could a seen
that dog. He was a reglar shepherd–or ruther he was part bull and part
shepherd–splendid animal; belonged to parson Hagar before Uncle Lem
got him. Parson Hagar belonged to the Western Reserve Hagars; prime
family; his mother was a Watson; one of his sisters married a Wheeler;
they settled in Morgan county, and he got nipped by the machinery in a
carpet factory and went through in less than a quarter of a minute;
his widder bought the piece of carpet that had his remains wove in,
and people come a hundred mile to ‘tend the funeral. There was
fourteen yards in the piece. She wouldn’t let them roll him up, but
planted him just so–full length. The church was middling small where
they preached the funeral, and they had to let one end of the coffin
stick out of the window. They didn’t bury him–they planted one end,
and let him stand up, same as a monument. And they nailed a sign on it
and put–put on–put on it–sacred to–the m-e-m-o-r-y–of fourteen
y-a-r-d-s–of three-ply–car–-pet–containing all that
was–m-o-r-t-a-l–of–of–W-i-l-l-i-a-m–W-h-e–”
] - MarkTwain

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
everyman

Default was: Carpeting yer Shop? now: Ho Chi Min sandals

OK I have a question. What do you use to cut tires in pieces. Is there a
pattern for Ho Chi Min sandals on the Web. My father had a pair when I was a
kid. Teva's traction sucks now that they seem to be made for yuppies.
Thanks
Karl

wrote:

You lucky dawg! Nuthin better than rubber!! And *so many* uses!
And, indeed, expensive beyond belief, generally.
Great idea for a source, too.
They make a razor-style sabre-saw blade, that proly would be helpful in
cutting this.
Mebbe a fine-tooth carbide circ. saw blade, as well.

Actually..your basic kitchen electric carving knife works pretty good.
Id suggest picking on up from the Salvation Army etc...as momma may
use hers on you, if she catches you cutting foam, rubber etc with the
one from the kitchen.

Altho, I imagine, once a rubber floor catches fire....

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her tits"
John Griffin

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Andy Dingley

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:40:16 GMT, "everyman" wrote:

OK I have a question. What do you use to cut tires in pieces. Is there a
pattern for Ho Chi Min sandals on the Web.

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2006/...es-from-tires/
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Jan Nielsen

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:40:16 GMT, "everyman" wrote:

OK I have a question. What do you use to cut tires in pieces. Is there a
pattern for Ho Chi Min sandals on the Web. My father had a pair when I was a
kid. Teva's traction sucks now that they seem to be made for yuppies.
Thanks
Karl

We used to make our own traction tires when I was a kid. A kitchen knife with
a thin blade will do. The rougher the edge is ground the better - like a
fine-tooth saw. Use water or oil to prevent the blade lodging in the rubber.
Use a bench grinder to sharpen the blade; the embedded grit in tires wear the
blade down in no time...

...and make sure you use non-steel belt tires!
--
- JN -
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Roy

I don;t have a pattern, but I do have a hand crafted pair I just
happened to "pick up" from a dude back in 1968 that surely was not in
need of them any more. The pair I have are made of the typical GI
truck tire with the non directional tread pattern, and the straps are
from a super heavy duty inner tube.........Its a real bitch cutting a
2 ply 4 ply rating tire typically found today, yet alone the numerous
plies of those combat tires.........Pretty well guarantee your gonna
get a 100,000 miles out of those things just fine I would be using
them myself if they were not about a size 5 or 6......

I know that the individuals that made these certainly did not carry
much around other than perhaps a knife and maybe an SKS or AK47 so it
should be more than doable with what most anyone has in their
shop....A good sharp utility knife, or cheat and use a
bandsaw,,,,,,getting the straps pulled into place through slots on a
modern day 2 ply or 4 ply tread may be a lot easier than the combat
tire piece, but I would think perhaps cut a slit, and make the straps
longer than needed, fold over end of strap on a piece of wire, that is
poked in the hole, and pull it through, until you get the loose end,,
do same to all other ends of the straps, and then pull and snug up to
fit, and trim off excess that protudes out the bottom....
wrote:
OK I have a question. What do you use to cut tires in pieces. Is there a
pattern for Ho Chi Min sandals on the Web. My father had a pair when I was a
kid. Teva's traction sucks now that they seem to be made for yuppies.
Thanks
Karl

m...
wrote:

You lucky dawg! Nuthin better than rubber!! And *so many* uses!
And, indeed, expensive beyond belief, generally.
Great idea for a source, too.
They make a razor-style sabre-saw blade, that proly would be helpful in
cutting this.
Mebbe a fine-tooth carbide circ. saw blade, as well.

Actually..your basic kitchen electric carving knife works pretty good.
Id suggest picking on up from the Salvation Army etc...as momma may
use hers on you, if she catches you cutting foam, rubber etc with the
one from the kitchen.

Altho, I imagine, once a rubber floor catches fire....

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her tits"
John Griffin

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder! Koi-ahoi mates....
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich

wrote:

I recommend the thickest goddamm pile possible

Picking the flaming chips out of it may be interesting.
OTOH The cutting fluid flood might fireproof it a bit.

Well, if THAT happens, Cliff,

You just SUE the carpet manufacturer! They should have KNOWN that
somebody would use their carpet in a shop and made it flameproof!

Don't leave decisions like this to the end user!

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Kathy

"Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote in message
Awl--

Ever thought of carpeting yer shop? Sounds

silly?

We have carpeting on the half of the garage where
we keep the motorcycles. The bridgeport is in the
corner. I only ever used it to see if it would
work.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

wrote:

OK I have a question. What do you use to cut tires in pieces. Is there a
pattern for Ho Chi Min sandals on the Web. My father had a pair when I was a
kid. Teva's traction sucks now that they seem to be made for yuppies.
Thanks
Karl

SawzAll. There are a number of plans on the net for em, along with
detailed instructions. Just be advised..steel belted radials dont work
worth a **** for this, and finding plain tires is getting harder and
harder. Nylon cord tires are best. Ive wacked em with a Sawzall, then
trimmed em neat with a wood bandsaw.

Spread the inside of the tire, and stick in a chunk of 2x4 crosswise
to keep it rigid..then cut along side the 2x. You may have to clamp
it in place. Our little yellow brothers used a hacksaw. Takes a while.
You can even use a skillsaw or jigsaw, but you have to use a very
course blade. Wood blade works pretty well.

Gunner

.. .
wrote:

You lucky dawg! Nuthin better than rubber!! And *so many* uses!
And, indeed, expensive beyond belief, generally.
Great idea for a source, too.
They make a razor-style sabre-saw blade, that proly would be helpful in
cutting this.
Mebbe a fine-tooth carbide circ. saw blade, as well.

Actually..your basic kitchen electric carving knife works pretty good.
Id suggest picking on up from the Salvation Army etc...as momma may
use hers on you, if she catches you cutting foam, rubber etc with the
one from the kitchen.

Altho, I imagine, once a rubber floor catches fire....

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her tits"
John Griffin

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her tits"
John Griffin
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
DaveB

wrote:

Snip

I can just hear the insurce agent and investigator on this one

"The FIREPROOFING made the shop burn down?"

I assume the guy who was considering retiring got his claim

Actually they had flame proof insulation, installed in sheets between
the studs but the wall was open and over the years enough oil mist
collected on them.

It took about 5 minutes max untill the whole building was on fire, it
was really crazy

Daveb

That fire was so intense from the oil on the walls , all four walls
were burning in a matter of 5 minutes, the damge to building wasnt the
big problem it was the sprinklers and water damage.

The building was brick on the outside.

Regards
Daveb
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

wrote:

OK I have a question. What do you use to cut tires in pieces. Is there a
pattern for Ho Chi Min sandals on the Web. My father had a pair when I was a
kid.

Don't they force the toes to curl?
http://www.digitalimagecafe.com/upload/photos/16044.jpg
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:01:06 -0500, "Kathy"
wrote:

The bridgeport is in the
corner. I only ever used it to see if it would
work.

Sad ....
--
Cliff
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:51:06 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus7637 quickly quoth:

Getting chips and crap out of carpet, not a pretty thought. BTDT.

And how about trying to find your Jesus clips when they're dropped
in a carpet. Oy vay!

-- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. --
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default BP's as furniture? was Carpeting yer Shop?

It is sad, but I'm in the same boat.

Sure looks pretty, tho!
Wife sez it's much more impressive than the Fadal! We're thinking of moving
sed BP up to the living room, where it can be better appreciated.

Right now, it's about the only thing heavy enough in my shop to hold a
decent vise, which I use to change tools on the fadal.
Saves me a trip two flights up to my other vise.

I am looking to fully restore it, tho, w/ all original BP hardware. Really
a beaut, Series I, J2 varispeed head, chromed ways.
Oh yeah, burnt out the goddamm power feed...
Was curled up in my fav. fetal position for about 6 hrs.
Which was a lot shorter than the 72 hrs or so I stayed in sed fetal position
when I burnt up the Fadal....
Goddamm rpc's and their wild legs....
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
wrote:

The bridgeport is in the
corner. I only ever used it to see if it would
work.

Sad ....
--
Cliff

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
everyman

Default Carpeting yer Shop? now: Ho Chi Min sandals

Thanks for the info. If I dig up a tire. I'll try it.
Karl

wrote:

You lucky dawg! Nuthin better than rubber!! And *so many* uses!
And, indeed, expensive beyond belief, generally.
Great idea for a source, too.
They make a razor-style sabre-saw blade, that proly would be helpful in
cutting this.
Mebbe a fine-tooth carbide circ. saw blade, as well.

Actually..your basic kitchen electric carving knife works pretty good.
Id suggest picking on up from the Salvation Army etc...as momma may
use hers on you, if she catches you cutting foam, rubber etc with the
one from the kitchen.

Altho, I imagine, once a rubber floor catches fire....

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her tits"
John Griffin

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:10:49 GMT, "everyman"
wrote:

Thanks for the info. If I dig up a tire. I'll try it.

Old tractor tires?
--
Cliff

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

If you really want to get a tire - go to a lawn mower company - a Deer house,
or .... Cub house... - hardware store - HOME DEPOT is best.

Those small tires are not steel. Smaller - so the tread might be lengthwise.

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

wrote:

[...]

. ..

wrote:

You lucky dawg! Nuthin better than rubber!! And *so many* uses!
And, indeed, expensive beyond belief, generally.
Great idea for a source, too.
They make a razor-style sabre-saw blade, that proly would be helpful in
cutting this.
Mebbe a fine-tooth carbide circ. saw blade, as well.

Actually..your basic kitchen electric carving knife works pretty good.
Id suggest picking on up from the Salvation Army etc...as momma may
use hers on you, if she catches you cutting foam, rubber etc with the
one from the kitchen.

Altho, I imagine, once a rubber floor catches fire....

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her tits"
John Griffin

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her tits"
John Griffin

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
everyman

I live a five minute walk from Waikiki. Not many tractors. I'm sure I can
find something in South Carolina next time I go visit.
Karl

wrote:

Thanks for the info. If I dig up a tire. I'll try it.

Old tractor tires?
--
Cliff

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I think that hard linoleum with sparkly bits in it (I can't remember
what it's called, but it's used in lots of public buildings) would be
better. It would offer some protection to things you drop, keep the
dust down and yet not present a fire hazard. Now I think about it a
machine shop I worked in once for short time did have that stuff on the
floor...

Chris