Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
davor

Default workshop tips??

Hi!
Im "redecorating" my workshop. Its very small, 3x2m
Mostly hand tools, grinder and drillpress...
I liked your tips for workshop so if you got more of them
please post!

THANX!!!!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Too_Many_Tools

"Mirrors will make it look a lot bigger. "

Especially on the ceiling. LOL

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter Grey

I thought my place was small at 11' by 17' with a car in it!

* I keep as much as possible up high. I mounted our old kitchen cabinets so
that the bottoms are a couple of inches over my head.
* Hang stuff from the ceiling if possible.
* Make folding tables and benches.
* Grinders, buffers, vises and such can go on old towing ball holders and
mounted in receivers (mounted on a bench) when needed and stored away when
not. I read this on this NG actually - great idea.
* Buy small stuff.
* Put stuff on rollers so that it can be rolled out of the way when not
needed.

Peter

"davor" wrote in message
news
Hi!
Im "redecorating" my workshop. Its very small, 3x2m
Mostly hand tools, grinder and drillpress...
I liked your tips for workshop so if you got more of them
please post!

THANX!!!!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leo Lichtman

"Peter Grey" wrote: (clip) Grinders, buffers, vises and such can go on old
towing ball holders and mounted in receivers (mounted on a bench) when
needed and stored away when not. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Let's carry this a step further. Put a receiver hitch on your vehicle (if
you don't already have one) and then you can use all these tools in someone
else's driveway. This would be a useful setup for a handyman.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rob

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Mirrors will make it look a lot bigger. "

Especially on the ceiling. LOL

TMT

What sort of vice you got in that workshop..........

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco

Google "my shop"
Use the quotes.

Pete Stanaitis
-------------------

davor wrote:

Hi!
Im "redecorating" my workshop. Its very small, 3x2m
Mostly hand tools, grinder and drillpress...
I liked your tips for workshop so if you got more of them
please post!

THANX!!!!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:28:55 +0100, davor wrote:

Hi!
Im "redecorating" my workshop. Its very small, 3x2m
Mostly hand tools, grinder and drillpress...
I liked your tips for workshop so if you got more of them
please post!

THANX!!!!!!

Paint the walls and ceiling white. It makes the workshop brighter and it also
seems bigger.

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Philion

Number 1 get a bigger shop first advice

I also work in small shop areas but i have 3 of them 2 are close to
yours and 1 is 3.3x3.6 11 by 10 for those who prefer feet (Myself included)

I have found a few ideas to maxumize space while waiting to build a
proper garage shop

1. Tool storage the most often used of tools should be tossed into a
machinist chest that is reasonable to be carried between shops if
mobility (trunk of car to a neihbour or upstairs) is required otherwise
a large roller cabinet at or near the shop space and rolled out to store
when not used is worth its weight in gold. It can use unused storage
space till you need it and pull it over or leave it int he middle of the
shop

2. clampdown workstations THe clamps that apply downwards pressurecan
allow you to recycle space for many lightweight tools that are supposed
to still be bench tools such as small dripp presses or the ringer and
can store out of the way later in high shelving for example

davor wrote:
Hi!
Im "redecorating" my workshop. Its very small, 3x2m
Mostly hand tools, grinder and drillpress...
I liked your tips for workshop so if you got more of them
please post!

THANX!!!!!

Floating Hardwood floor (Tips?) Amy L. Woodworking 17 December 6th 05 05:05 PM
Good Workshop Tips Tom H Woodworking 0 December 2nd 05 01:29 PM
Turning Tips Server for your websites AHilton Woodturning 0 November 30th 05 11:00 PM
Workshop Wiring - Prep work before Electrician jonni UK diy 26 July 19th 04 08:48 AM
Tips Comnpetition Fred Holder Woodturning 0 October 16th 03 08:17 PM