Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metallurgy Chart

Has anyone put together a comprehensive matellurgy website that charts
the properties of metals and alloys relative to each other?

Properties like electrical conductance, heat conductance, corrosion
resistance, wear resistance, magnetic properties, melting points,
machinability, ect.

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks.

Unfortunately, that's a difficult site to navigate. I cannot bring up
any comparative charts, and I see nothing on corrosion resistance.

Darren Harris
Staten Island,. New York.
************************************************** ************************************************** ****
RoyJ wrote:
http://www.matweb.com/index.asp?ckck=1

wrote:
Has anyone put together a comprehensive matellurgy website that charts
the properties of metals and alloys relative to each other?

Properties like electrical conductance, heat conductance, corrosion
resistance, wear resistance, magnetic properties, melting points,
machinability, ect.

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Does anyone now of another site where I can compare properties easily?

For instance, I'd like to be able to look up a metal that is as
corrosion resistant as Stainless steel(316L), but with a higher
electrical conductivity. Or compare a list of the stiffest metals as
far as their machinability.

Things of that nature.

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.
************************************************** ************************************************** ********

wrote:
Has anyone put together a comprehensive matellurgy website that charts
the properties of metals and alloys relative to each other?

Properties like electrical conductance, heat conductance, corrosion
resistance, wear resistance, magnetic properties, melting points,
machinability, ect.

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Sounds like your company needs a "Metals Handbook" ASM The Materials Information Society.
Used in many industries.

http://www.asm-intl.org/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0871706547 220.90

Book Description
Metals Handbook Desk Edition, Second Edition

The "best" of the ASM Handbook in a single volume. If you own only one book on metals and alloys, this is it!

From the Publisher
Published: 1998
Product Details

* Hardcover: 1521 pages
* Publisher: ASM International; 2nd edition (January, 1999)
* Language: English
* ISBN: 0871706547
* Product Dimensions: 11.2 x 9.2 x 2.8 inches
* Shipping Weight: 6.7 pounds. (View shipping rates and policies)
Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member