Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metallurgy Chart

Does anyone now of another site where I can compare properties easily?

For instance, I'd like to be able to look up a metal that is as
corrosion resistant as Stainless steel(316L), but with a higher
electrical conductivity. Or compare a list of the stiffest metals as
far as their machinability.

Things of that nature.

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.
************************************************** ************************************************** ********
wrote:
Thanks.

Unfortunately, that's a difficult site to navigate. I cannot bring up
any comparative charts, and I see nothing on corrosion resistance.

Darren Harris
Staten Island,. New York.
************************************************** ************************************************** ****
RoyJ wrote:
http://www.matweb.com/index.asp?ckck=1

wrote:
Has anyone put together a comprehensive matellurgy website that charts
the properties of metals and alloys relative to each other?

Properties like electrical conductance, heat conductance, corrosion
resistance, wear resistance, magnetic properties, melting points,
machinability, ect.

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.