Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Roy

Default BANDSAW power, so what would be my best options for powering this machine HELP!

I got a lot of mixed results in regards to gear reducer drives, VFD's
and jack shafts in regards to my powering up my home brew bandsaw.
I had thought I could do it with my 1.5 hp DC motor and a gear reducer
and jackshaft, but then along came the VFD's etc........Not looking
to spend a ton of money of course but not necessarily looking to cut
corners either. I want it to be useable in the home shop for metal
cutting mainly with wood and other materials secondary.

Anyone have any offerings as to how or what would be the best yet most
economical way to power this bandsaw?

Specs....3 wheels (12" approx diam 37.75" circumferance) Preferable
speeds for metal cutting and hopefully speeds for wood cutting as
well.

I found a neat crank type gear reducer however it may be a bit to
light for this job. Its at the below link on Ebay.

I am at the point I need to decide how I am going to power this thing,
so any info would be appreciated.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.