Artemia Salina

Default BANDSAW power, so what would be my best options for powering this machine HELP!

As you know, the import bandsaws use a worm and wheel for speed
reduction. Is fabricating something like that out of the question?
Actually, I guess it would be difficult to switch it in and out of
the drive train to move between metal and wood cutting speeds.

Did you abandon the DC motor because you got sidetracked with the
VFD idea? The DC motor sounds like the most viable set up to me.
Have you done any tests with it to see if it loses torque at low
RPMs?

--
"There cannot possibly be a god in heaven watching all of this calmly."
-- Revi Shankar