Too_Many_Tools

Default Idiot on Ebay (ohojim)

Thanks for posting this interesting email.

You might want to point out this thread to him (I strongly suspect he
already knows about it).

I think we have a good idea as to his ethics in regards to his
business practices...as least I do.

He won't have to worry about me doing ANY business with him EVER on
Ebay.

TMT

Ms. Manners wrote in message . ..
axolotl wrote:

AllenB wrote:
Some idiot called ohojim is really spoiling the ebay

(snip)
Just in case someone wanted to do business with OHOJIM, it might be
illuminating to read what his reply to this same situation last year
(from Google).

*/////////////////
You may be surprised to know that I agree with you!

I had been working on my launch-bots for two days and was in the process of
separating the ones out I didn't want to use. About 11:30 that night I got
an email from eBay telling me that the next day, Dec. 26th, was a free
listing day. I spent the next 3 hours purging all those I didn't intend to
use, hit the launch button and went to bed about 1:30AM. When I got up the
next morning, to my horror they had all launched! Including all the ones I
thought I had purged which was mostly made up of duplicates! I guess by 1:30
I had gotten too punchy.

This was certainly not intentional and will never happen again - I hope! At
least this one time boo boo by me will be over in a very few days. Everybody
makes mistakes from time to time but it seems I make the big ones!

I appreciate your concern and your patience.

///////////////////*

His excuse THIS YEAR:
(e-mail from OHOJIM, sent to me)

"Oh man! I screwed up!
"
"It's even worse than you think! It was 2am and I did something wrong!
I'm still trying to figure out what it was because I sure don't want
to do that again! I'd taken a sleeping pill about 9:30 with my
prostate medicine so I could go to sleep and I went in to check the
computer one last time. I saw that Friday was a free listing day so I
told my wife I had to go back to the shop. I didn't remember the
sleeping pill until I realized I just couldn't think and I was getting
sleepy as hell. That was about 1am I kept at it until 2am and just
gave up and went home. I didn't think I'd
"gotten any auctions launched until about noon the next day when they
all began to show up!
"
"At least half of them will be gone by Monday and all of them by
Friday.
"
"Thanks for your patience!
"
"Jim
"
"

Furniture design vintage carpentry [email protected] UK diy 2 June 1st 04 11:35 PM
eBay Scam Marv Soloff Metalworking 5 December 31st 03 01:16 PM
Ebay Bogus No Reserve Listings Jon Elson Metalworking 15 October 10th 03 07:33 AM
OT - Lightweight Ebay shipping fee scam Jim Stewart Metalworking 11 July 20th 03 12:41 PM