Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Mike Young

Default What is it? XCV

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
rvers.com...
I might have come up with a better guess if it had been clear
that the sharp end was threaded.

Damn, DoN. I would suggest getting the eyes checked, but it's clear that the
problem is the rest of your cranium. Smack it once or twice with a 2x and
see if you can force a reset. Right between the eyes might do the trick.
Lemme know if you want some help.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
woodworker88

545. Pedometer
548. Bellows
549. A carvers tool to hold a carving in-the-round to a carver's bench.
Often known as a carver's bench screw, carver's screw, or jack screw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
woodworker88

Carving screw
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx...&FamilyID=4645

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Rich Grise

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 15:21:04 +0000, CW top-posted:

We have a place in Maine that has nothing but fireplace heat. We have a
bellows that has been in constant use for near 100 years (the place has been
in the family since my grandparents). It has a brass nozzle (but doesn't
look like a hose nozzle) and the leather is secured to the wood with
furniture tacks like this one.

So, after 100 years, what kind of shape is the leather in?

Thanks,
Rich

"humunculus" wrote in message
oups.com...
Wow, I think somebody got scammed. Those are furniture tacks being used
to hold on the naugahyde, and the tip is definately from a hose
fitting: see http://tinyurl.com/dh73r.

The bellows is similar to this one
http://www.chipcarving.com/bellows.htm but not as well made. I don't
think there's any way that the original is an antique.

--humunculus

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
CW

Quite good, all things considered. Rather cracked looking but it doesn't
leak. I do remember my uncle oiling it though.
news